16

It's as if his eyes were displaying some message that had me sucked in. It seemed like his iris' were filled with swirls, and his pupil was the centre of everything. Although I've been through this before, it was too hard to look away. As a consequence for looking in his eyes too long, I snapped and fell into his trance.

"Ah, so glad to have you back with me." His silky voice practically melted me. Losing all focus of everything but his voice and eyes, I started to feel myself getting dizzy. My mind was definitely somewhere else now.

"You know the drill. I am your boyfriend of four years. We met in kindergarten and have been dating ever since high school ended," my vision became blurry and my mind was slipping away from me. "you and I live together and you are totally ready to get married."

"Yes... Brendon..." he smirked and I remained quiet.

"And this John that you're with, you don't remember him, at all." He said firmly, causing me to unconsciously nod.

"Now repeat after me: I love you." I tried stopping myself as much as I could.

"I love you." But it didn't end up working.

"Ah, that's what I like to hear..." his eyes flicked back to their melted, chocolate brown eyes. His hand flew to the small of my back as the other went behind my head. My conscious was slipping away slowly, causing everything to turn black and fade away in small shapes.

~~~

Déjà vu is a bitch. I feel like I've already woken up with this terrible headache before. As hard as it was to get up, I propped myself up on my hands and used the very weak strength in my muscles to sit up.

"Hey sweetheart! How was your nap?" My eyebrow furrowing must have been a clear sign to the disembodied voice that I was confused.

"Faelecia, look at me." He ordered, and once I saw his face I realized who it was.

"Sorry, I'm just very tired right now." I apologized, running a hand through my knotty hair. My fingers got stuck in a section and I had to pull hard on my hair to remove it. Brendon smiled and tucked my hair behind my ear. His eyes were bright and glittery. The dark brown had me in a trance again, but a good trance.

"I was wondering how long it was going to take for you to wake up. You slipped in the kitchen and passed out. I was worried sick!" My eyes widened and I looked around, rubbing my head. There was a bump on my temple.

"Brendon, can you get me some water, if that's not too much to ask?" He pecked my cheek and walked away, turning into a section of the room I couldn't familiarize myself with. It was strange, maybe I was just too tired to remember anything. I yawned and stretched, rolling around on the bed to get a little more comfortable. I raised my bare hands in the air and focused on the red nail polish that was glossed over each one. There was a small indent on my ring finger, as if a piece of jewellery had already been on there. I shrugged it off. Brendon came back into the room with a glass of water, containing a few ice cubes, and an aspirin in the opposing hand.

"I thought you'd might want the aspirin too, just in case you had a head ache." His hand opened and the white pill laid atop his palm. I took that, along with the water, and swallowed it.

"Thanks, it helps." He nodded and gently took the glass out of my hand, setting it on a coaster on the nightstand. He laid down beside me and wrapped me in his arms, instantly warming me.

"You're so warm..." i commented, balling myself up to absorb more of him. he chuckled and his black sweater shifted against the sheets. i pulled him closer by the collar of his hoodie and snuggled my head against his chest. for some reason, this felt safe. i felt safe. i was at home, where i belonged.