broken.

Tears stream down Eddie's cheeks as he strums his now dead boyfriend's guitar.

He loved Richie so much, so why the hell did the universe have to take him away from him so soon? Richie was the sweetest, funniest, friendliest person you could ever meet. Even if you were two opposite people, he'd find some way to converse with you.

Eddie loved Richie, and Richie loved him. He still loves Richie so much and he still can't believe he was taken so soon.

It was one of his favorite kinds of night, where him and Richie would just take a stroll around town, when the only light source was the dimness of the street lamps. And the moon and stars were out, and Richie would always compare them to Eddie's many freckles on his face. They'd just walk around, hand in hand, Richie obnoxiously swinging them between them, Eddie giggling all the while.

All of a sudden, Richie stopped. He stopped walking, stopped talking, and squeezed Eddie's hand tightly in fear. Eddie was confused, Richie never acted like this.

“Rich?” He said timidly. Richie just stared ahead into the darkness.

Down the street, there was a couple of street lights that were broken, so it was just pure darkness. That's usually where they would turn around, and they'd head back home. Eddie was always too scared to go any further than that, he didn't like the dark very much.

But Eddie was the only one who turned that night.

He peered into the darkness, and then he saw it.

A figure of a person, they looked pretty tall. And if that wasn't scary enough..

They had a pistol, and it was aiming right at them.

Eddie started to hyperventilate, he was terrified.

Richie turned towards him and brushed his fingers against Eddie's cheek. He kissed his forehead and, voice shaking, “I love you, Eddie.”

Eddie eyes were filled to the brim with hot tears, ready to spill out at any second. He was so scared, confused.  

“W-what's going on, Chee?”

But Richie didn't answer him. He simply shoved him to the side.

And Eddie screamed as he saw it.

It all happened so fast, yet so slow.

It took one bullet, right into Richie's heart, and he collapsed to the ground, dying almost instantly.

Eddie snapped his head around to look for the bastard that had shot Richie.

But he was gone.

Eddie fell into his knees beside Richie and sobbed. He screamed and cried and held Richie tight, praying to himself that this wasn't happening.

He took Richie's glasses off of his face and laid them down onto the ground.

He brushed Richie's dark curls out of his face and touched his still-warm cheek.

“Please don't leave me, Chee...please don't leave me..you can't..”

He just cried into his lifeless body.

Some neighboring people had heard the shot and called the police.

When they got there, they simply asked Eddie some questions, and took Richie's body away.

They told him they were so sorry, and that they'd find whoever did this.

But it didn't help.

Because Eddie was devastated. His whole world just crashed to the ground, just like Richie did.

Everything was wrong. Did Richie know he was gonna get shot?

And few hours later, Eddie finally got home and he was a mess. He couldn't sleep. He eyes were red and dry. He had no more tears to cry anymore.

Everything happened so suddenly. He was still shocked. He couldn't believe the love of his fucking life was gone. Gone, and never coming back. He wanted to die.

He wanted to die.

He couldn't live without Richie. He couldn't, Richie was everything to him. He helped him with everything. He had no one now.

Eddie was b r o k e n.