A Cry For Help

I was drowning...

And there he is, he came to save me.

But now...

He's crying...

Crying for help.

Please wait for me, don't die.

•*-*-*•

I was woken up by that bad dream. It was 3 am in the morning. It was still dark and every memory came back.

10 years ago, when I was still a 9 year old kid, my father and I used to go to the sea and he call it his secret cove. I love the sea and sea creatures, that's why my father lets me go with him.

On one rainy day, with strong cold wind that blows the wave. Our boat became shaky and dad planned to go back to the shore but it was too late. Our boat was knocked down by the strong wave. I can't see anything but the faint light from the dark skies and the bubbles that float upward. I was drowning, I can't see dad and the light is slowly fading. But then something black swam next to me. I can't clearly see whatever is swimming next to me. I passed out and when I woke up my dad hugged me so tight. Then near the shore I saw a baby killer whale.

I asked my father what does a killer whale is doing near the shore. And his answer made me shocked. He told me that the killer whale that I saw was the one who saved my life. I don't know what I felt that day or how I manage to still go back to the sea after that incident.

Everyday my dad came to his secret cove with me to visit Will, that's what I named him. (And also it sound like whale.) Everyday I swim with him, ride to him, feed him with sardine fish, and he became my only friend.

One day, after I turned 10 we left our house to move to a new place which is hundred miles away from the cove. I haven't able to say goodbye to Will before I left.

That dream really made me feel uncomfortable, so I decided to go to our secret cove. As I drove, I can't stop my tears not to fall, I don't know why? I also hear his wail like he's in pain.

When I reached our old house I ran towards our secret cove and there he is. I saw him at the shore, wailing. All I have done was to cry with him and look at the polluted sea, floating plastics and everything that wasn't here before. After a few hours he stopped from wailing and that made me cry more. The rescue came and told me that he's dead. He died because he ingested plastic.

I was too late to save him. I was too late. Why would the humans make his home polluted? What have he done wrong? All he had done is to save me and what's wrong with that? Tears kept from falling.

•*-*-*•

Let us save the oceans from plastic pollution before it was too late for them.

I hope by this story we became more disciplined about our waste. Let us be responsible stewards of God's creation.

#Ichooseplanet