1.0

It was quiet around the safe house. As cliche as it sounds, it was too quiet.

Derek had called a few members from another pack to run patrols. They should have been here an hour ago, but there was no trace of them.

"Theo, stay here with Liam. I'm gonna look for Eli and his wolves." Theo didn't like being told what to do but he listened this time to the older man.

Derek ran out of the safe house and into the dark woods around them. Even with enhanced sight they quickly lost track of the evolved wolf.

"Was there anything out of place when you got here? And sign that the wolves we're here?" Theo paced in front of the door as he waited for Derek.

"I don't know. Derek rushed into the house, did a quick sweep, then rushed me in. He told me to stay put while he checked around." Liam didn't like this. It all seemed too strange. Too, calm before a storm.

The dead of the woods reminded him of that muffled calm that settles over a land before a big storm hits. When animals retreat and find shelter, and you get a moments notice to do the same. Even the air smelled electrified and charged.

"I don't like this..." Theo was cut off by a loud howl, a roar, a warning. It was Derek. He was telling them to run. "Liam!" Theo grabbed the beta and their bags and ran out the front door. He had barely gotten them in the truck when a flash grenade went off. The chimera was blinded by the light, Liam could just make out enough stuff to get them out.

He climbed into Theo's lap and started the truck, putting it in reverse and pulling out. He pulled a 180 turn and drove off. Shoots rang out around them but thankfully none hit them or the truck.

He made it to the main road before Theo cleared his throat. "Thanks for that but I think you can get off my lap now." Liam growled and let Theo have control of the truck before slipping back into his seat. "Now what do we do?"

"We run."