1.

Broad meeting at Jive Records

New York, New York

12:10 pm

Justine Skye

Justine Skye

"You haven't been out since 2 years ago, we need another album from you." Manager said.

"I want a new sound, I want to branch out and hopefully end up writing my own songs. I been with this label since I was 15 its time for a change." I told them.

"Not you too! What can we do to let you stay?" Manager begged.

"Nothing, I want to do whats for me and staying on this label isn't one of them." I said.

"So who took you like they did Aaliyah? Atlantic Records am I right?" Manager questioned with a laugh but trying to keep there sanity.

"Yeah, they offer me a contract when Aaliyah went to the label I just been holding it off and because I didn't want to leave the label that believed in me. But things have changed." I said.

"I can't stay here, its too many memories that I want to leave in the past.. And at of all people, you should know that completely!" I added.

"I fully understand and you deserve better and more money. Believe me I know its too many memories here and I understand." Manager said.

"Let me see what I can do and you are free to go after this." Manager added as I nodded.

The meeting wasn't as bad, no one in the room wasn't talking they were just looking at me like I was crazy and gasping because I wanted to leave Jive records. Just glad that my former manager understood.

 Just glad that my former manager understood

July 23rd, 1999

Los Angeles, California