Forgotten

Freud quickly brought Evan over to his own school before walking towards Maple Secondary.

He tried to recall what had happened yesterday. He hung out with someone, right? He couldn't really put a finger on if he did or not. It kinda seemed fuzzy in a way. Like there was only static showing on the TV of his mind.

Weird.

As Freud reached over to the handle of the door, a name popped into his mind. Eun... What? Eun... Something.

EunWol.

There it was. He remembered that name for some reason. Where had he heard it before? From a movie? A TV show? A friend's friend?

No, it was none of those. But it was definitely from something. Something... Deeper.

He arrived at the front of his locker, where he entered in his code on the lock and yanked it down, opening up the locker.

Putting his backpack and other items in, Freud quickly decided to check his phone for the time.

Just a few minutes 'til the bell goes... Won't be able to hang out with the others for the morning.

Ah well.

He took his binders and closed his locker door, locking it tight.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

And there was the bell.

Freud walked off towards his Science class, making sure not to be late by one second like last time. As he entered through the open door, he noticed that no one, not even the teacher had arrived yet. He was early.

Well... Almost no one.

There was one student, sitting alone, with his head buried in his arms on his desk. He seemed so quiet, so lonely, and he didn't even dare to look at Freud when he entered the room.

Freud noticed that his spot was right beside the boy.

But... I don't remember him sitting beside me at all. Wasn't it just a completely empty seat?

He dug through his memory. He didn't remember anything about that boy sitting there.

Maybe he missed the first day?

No... That doesn't seem right. I feel like I've seen him before... I swear I have...

Then something clicked.

EunWol. That one name that wandered aimlessly in his mind. That was the boy's name.

Wow. How could he have forgotten something like that?

As he silently searched his memory for any sign of where and when he met EunWol, he sat down in his chair beside the student.

For some reason, he couldn't find anything about EunWol in his memory. He just knew EunWol somehow. His name and being were just something sitting there without any backstory.

Freud let out a nervous laugh.

"E-EunWol, was it?" He stammered, rubbing the back of his head. "Sorry, I kinda forgot what you looked like at first, ha..." He expected EunWol to ignore him, or give him a neutral response, but EunWol lifted his head from his arms, staring at Freud with a face of complete shock. He just stared at Freud with wide eyes, completely silent.

"F...Freud?"

"Yes..?"

"You... Remember...?"

"...Yes...?"

And EunWol grabbed onto Freud, hugging him tight.

Freud was too startled to think about what in the world was going on, nor did he want to question it at all.