Chapter 111

Chapter 111: Here For You Part 3 + mini side stories

"Boom!"

A loud explosion.

Just as he's running toward the crowd but before he could make contact with anyone, the clown's body turns into a gigantic fireball. His broken body pieces are thrown up into the air and fall down like rain again. The phone on the table crackles and then loses connection. Many people have fallen onto the ground due to the force of the explosion. Everybody's expression is full of fright.

Han Chen, Cold Face, and Chatterbox are expressionless. Su Mian, on the other hand, closes her eyes and then reopens them.

She doesn't remember the past. But this is the most brutal murder that she has witnessed as far as she can remember.

Not only the victim is murdered, his hopes are shattered. Not only did he dress him up as a clown to ridicule, he had him be laughed at by others, stepping on his dignity. In the end, he let him die in front of everybody, bringing the most frightening thing to humanity.

A.

So this is the real, cruel, and ruthless A.

As if to prove the emotions in her heart, Chatterbox says suddenly beside her, "What is this? What's on the ground?"

At a distance, the clown has already been blown up into pieces. The police officers are trying their best to keep things in order. And at a nearby area, Chatterbox points to the ground. It's where the man was standing originally. There's actually a mark on the ground. No one noticed it before since the clown was stepping on it.

The mark is simple. It's written in red and in capitals——"A".

"Look here!" Cold Face says out loud.

It's another monitor that's rather far away. Nothing strange was happening before and it didn't capture their attention.

It's a pathway entrance to a commercial area.

On the right side of the entrance, there's a small white stage set up. A banner hangs on top of it which says that it's for promoting a certain wax museum. The wax museum has started promoting themselves in secondary cities, so this type of promotion isn't out of the ordinary.

There are five wax figures on the stage.

But at this moment, there are quite a few people crowding around pointing and chatting at the one on the far left, which is a wax figure of a middle-aged gentleman. A worker in an employee uniform runs onto the stage and to the wax figure. He seems to be in shock as he turns around and runs off the stage immediately.

"Zoom in!" Han Chen says.

The image gets closer. This time, the Black Shield Team can see clearly that the wax figure isn't any famous person they know or anybody they would know. But the reason why he is attracting others' attention is that there seems to be red liquid slowly flowing out of his eyes.

It looks as if it's fresh blood.

No, it has to be fresh blood.

A strong feeling of intuition knocks onto Su Mian's heart.

She blurts out, "The second person!"

An extremely serious and respectable on the surface but repressive and twisted on the inside. He hopes to dress up his victims like a star on stage. It's the second serial killer!

He's even more twisted. He has actually turned someone into a wax figure!

The blood from the wax figure's eyes is dripping faster and faster. Gradually, a puddle of blood accumulates around his feet. The spectators are also in shock. Just like the reaction from the explosion scene: retreat and continue to watch the scene.

"Seal off the area immediately!" Han Chen orders.

At this very moment, something strange happens.

With the small puddle of blood expanding, the stage's white cloth is actually changing color. On the white cloth, a certain red colored shape is slowly being drawn out.

"It's a chemical reaction!" Chatterbox says almost losing his voice, "The cloth must have been dipped with something beforehand! It's now having a reaction with the blood!"

Gradually, the shape is becoming clearer and clearer.

On the white colored stage, its contours are elegant and intricate.

It's a letter written in calligraphy——"L".

Su Mian's mind goes blank.

L.

It feels unfamiliar yet familiar at the same time. It's the second person, L.

There are already......two victims.

The main office is already full of chatters. All of the officers have now seen these two crime scenes. Qin Wen Long walks in quickly with other leaders. Every one of their faces looks pale. Xu Si Bai has also come after learning the news. He frowns as he focuses his eyes on the events happening on the screen.

It's not that their methods of killing others are crueler than any others, nor that their methods are highly skilled. But they've already committed two murders that have brought even more fright and mental torture than any other serial killers that Su Mian has ever seen or heard of.

So then, what about the third person?

She turns her head and sees that Han Chen's eyes have returned to that TV network's recording site.

And as if they can sense it, Cold Face and the others also turn to look.

The TV broadcast has already been put on hold, but they can still watch what's going on at the scene——this is what Han Chen requested before. They can see that the local officers have already taken control of the scene. The audience is making their way out, the few mermaids are climbing out of the tank looking rather unpleased. And two staff members from the network are currently talking to the officers. Two forensic investigators with their gloves on are in the process of climbing up to the tank to take a closer look at what's inside.

Suddenly.

The thick layer of sand at the bottom of the tank moves. The two forensic investigators are both stunned and don't dare to go in yet.

"There's a situation!"

Someone shouts.

Everybody at the scene turns their heads.

The Black Shield Team is also staring at it.

And then, a person comes out from beneath the sand.

As if it's being guided by something, it rises slowly and vertically.

It's a woman.

It's a long-haired young woman in a mermaid bikini whose face has already turned pale from being in the water for too long. Her arms are spread apart while her head is hanging down. She looks as if she's asleep but hugging the water with her arms out at the same time. And at the chest area of where her heart is, blood seems to be seeping through.

"It's Xiao Tong!" the other mermaids outside of the tank shout at the same time. Their screams fill up the whole place.

"Leave the area!" the officers at the scene shouts.

"There's a string!" Chatterbox says almost right up against the monitor. He points at the rippling water, "The killer has set up a device. Not sure when it was triggered but Leader, what you saw before must have been the string!"

Han Chen doesn't say anything. His eyes are still fixed on the deceased mermaid girl.

And Su Mian seems to feel stuffed inside.

It's because the dead body, young girl, device......she can imagine what is about to happen......

"Zzzzz——" a muffled sound coming from the water. The Black Shield Team might not be able to hear it from the monitor, but the people at the scene can hear it loud and clear as well as see it too.

It's because the girl's corpse opens its eyes suddenly. There's blood dripping from her eyelids; they can see the silver colored thread sewed on the top, indicating that this is also being controlled by a device.

And then, a bloody hole appears in her chest area.

A piece of......indistinguishable flesh flings out just like that.

Everybody at the scene is in shock.

But the next thing that happens is even more frightening——

The corpse continues to float in the water as blood permeates the whole tank. Some of the fishes in the tank continue to swim around while a group of them are surrounding the heart that has just come out. They start to eat it.

Gradually, the water in the tank turns into a faint red color. And on the glass that is in direct view of the camera, a red letter begins to appear.

The Black Shield Team, Qin Wen Long, Xu Si Bai, and all of the other criminal investigators......are staring at the letter.

The third letter——

"R".

......

I am A.

Your humble L.

Call me R.

Every day and night, life and death.

We no longer have any beliefs.

We are happier than pain and suffering.

The never to be forgotten S,

We are here for you.