Chapter Four - Eight Years Later

"Varun?" My assistant and family friend, Rishabh knocked on the glass door to my office. I motioned for him to come in. It had been a long day and I was tired.

"Varun, while you were out, someone called. Said his name was Sidharth. You might want to call him back." Rishabh said to me while flipping some files.

"Thanks." I said. I called Sidharth. It had been 8 long years since I left India and came to England for a new start. That horrid day I ran away from Sara and waited all night for Zoya was carved into my mind. Since then, I hadn't kept in contact with anyone.

"Hello, who's this?" Sidharth picked up.

"Hey Sidharth, it's Varun." It felt weird to call him Sid after all this time.

"Varun, bro! How are you? It took me forever to find you! You could have at least told me you moved to England!" Sidharth screamed into the phone. It was nice to hear his voice again.

"Hey, man. I didn't have a chance to tell you. I'm good. How about you, what's up?" I chuckled.

"There's so much to tell you, man. But first, you gotta do me a favour."

"What?"

"Come to India."

My heart missed a beat.

"Sidharth, man, I can't do that."

"Varun, it's been eight years. If you meet with Zoya, she might even forgive you."

"She'll never forgive me. Excuse me, but I have to go. I'll talk later."

"Okay, yaar. Call back soon, yeah? Bye."

"Bye."

I cut the call and sighed. I could never even think of going back to India.

"Maybe you should." Rishabh said. Huh?

"What are you talking about?"

Rishabh rolled his eyes.

"India, idiot. The phone was on speaker." Oh. That made sense.

"Rishabh, I can't. Everything reminds me of either Sara or Zoya."

"You can't keep living your life like this. All you do is work."

I sighed. What do I do?

"How about I go as well? We'll stay for two weeks and if you still don't want to stay in India, we'll come back." Rishabh suggested. I couldn't argue with that. It was time for a change in my life. I smiled.

"Salle, stop looking at me like I have cancer. Go pack your bags." I laughed. The excitement in Rishabh's eyes were unforgettable. He hugged me and ran out of my office. I called Sidharth.

"Sidharth, I'm coming to India tomorrow."

Me and Rishabh got into the taxi from the airport. It felt nice to be back. I hadn't even realised how much I had missed India. We stopped in front of my parent's house.

"Rs.80 sir" the cab driver said, telling us the amount we had to pay.

"Arey! I'm not giving you Rs.80! You're ripping us off!" Rishabh started shouting at the driver.

"Rishabh, calm down-" I tried to calm him.

"Varun, times have changed since you were here. I'm telling you, this kaminey is ripping us off!" I rolled my eyes. Rishabh had been abroad for the same time as me.

"Sir can I ask something?" The driver piped up. Rishabh glared at him while I nodded.

"Are you Varun, as in Varun Dhawan? The old actor?" he asked. I sighed.