0.10

"What do you mean: use the raptors?" Claire blurted into her phone with confusion.

Owen's eyes widened at that statement, and he drawled out in anger, "Son of a bitch."

"You shouldn't say bitch," Gray immediately countered.

Amara glanced at the boy in a disapproving look, "And you shouldn't swear when you're telling others not to." Gray sheepishly shrugged as Zach agreed with her.

"Take the kids. Get them someplace safe," Owen said, as the sound of harsh baning reached the groups ears. Nervously, Amara took Zach's hand as they all turned in unison towards the giant gate that was currently
about to break open. Zach only had time to give the girl's hand a single reassuring squeeze before the metal doors gave away completely and a massive sea of people charged towards them.

Zach pushed Amara in front of him as they raced after Owen and Claire to a park Jeep parked in the middle of the alley. The three teens piled into the back of the vehicle, and Zach shouted out encouragements to Owen as they drove backwards.

"You got this! Drive! DRIVE!" Zach called, his large hands gesturing frantically on the back
of the front seats.

Owen frantically continued to back up, and eventually they stopped just inside of an opening in the tall white cement walls.
Watching the tourists run madly in front of her, Amara murmured, "This . . . does not feel safe."

"Can we stay with you?" Gray squeaked from next to her.

Claire inhaled sharply, "I am not leaving you ad long as you li-"

"No, no, no, him," Gray cut her off, pointing to Owen Grady simultaneously with his brother.

Amara giggled, and patted her dad's shoulder. "Looks like you got yourself some fans, dad." she chortled more at the look at Claire's face.

Gray sized up his aunt and then Amara's dad. Owen's biceps bulged beneath his shirt, and Gray breathed out, "Yeah; definitely him."

x

Staring out at the darkened sky, Amara let out an angry huff as they approached the Velociraptor padlock. She could almost feel the negative, cocky energy Hoskins was letting off from inside the indigo Jeep she was currently seated in.

Despite Claire's instructions to stay in the car, Amara followed her father out of the Jeep, and stalks behind him as they approach the horrid excuse of a person, Vic Hoskins.

"The mother hens have finally arrived," Hoskins says saucily, barely finishing his sentence before Owen's left fist came in contsct with his cheek.

"Oh!" Zach said racing up behind the adults and Amara. He hadn't wanted Amara to follow her father, therefore leaving him behind in the car.

"Nice left hook," Amara smirked from where she stood. Zach's hands found themselves on her waist, and neither one moved away.

"Get the hell out of here," Owen Grady said with a deadly calm voice. "And stay away from my animals."

Vic rubbed his cheek gingerly, and glowered at the head Velociraptor trainer.

"Hoskins, you wanted this to happen. You son of a bitch," Claire practically spat at the bulky man in front of the group.

"Oh, Jesus," Hosksins exclaimed, taking the small brunette slightly by surprise. "How many more people have to die before this mission makes sense to you guys?" Amara scoffed in disgust, causing the much older man to cast a sharp look at her.

"It's not a mission. It is a field test," came Barry's distinctive accent. Amara smiled fondly towards the dark skinned male.

"This is an iNGen situation now," Hoskins said aggressively, his face becoming uncomfortably close to Claire's. "Okay, there will be cruise ships that show up here at first light. Everybody is gonna get off of this island. You're gonna watc a news story tomorrow about how you saved lives. No, no, no, better yet . . . how about your animals saved lives."

"Cool story man," Amara snarls, finally speaking up. "Here's mine:  Once upon a time we didn't give a fu-" Zach's warm hand moved from the sassy girl's waits, encasing the brunette's mouth, as the adulst stare at her in shock.

Hot air from Amara's nostrils breathes on the back of his hand, causing Zach to shiver as he whispers in her ear in a thick voice, "Not now, princess."

Amara nodded, taking a few deep breaths to calm her flaring rage. She stared up at Zach silently and then leaned into his chest as she listened to the adults converse again.

"They've never been out of containment," Barry shook his head. "This is crazy."

"Let's move it," Vic yelled over to the workers, ignoring Barry's feeble vote agains this 'plan'. He turned back to the Grady's, staring directly in front of Owen. "This is happening! With or without you two."

Amara buried her face in Zach's fuchsia shirt, already knowing the decision her dad had come to.

x

"We know that she is in sector five," Owen started, placing two fingers on the map of Isla Nublar.

Amara stood next to him, having begged endlessly to be part of the presentation to explain the final battle plan. She wasn't very fond of putting her beloved Echo out there in harm's way, but explaining a plan of attack to men twice as old as her made Amara feel powerful.

"This is a game we call hide-and-seek," Amara described. "It's a scent drill. We've done it a thousand times with these animals."

Owen placed a toned hand on his daughter's shoulder, saying, "When they get on target and they will get on target . . . wait to engage. Velociraptors are pack hunters. They like to herd animals into a kill zone. That's when we take our shot."

"Get a clear shot, wait for my command and give her everything you got," Owen continues. "We got one good target, gentleman. Do not shoot my Raptors-" Amara let out a loud cough. "Our raptors," he corrects himself.

Amara stared at the armed group around the white fold out table. "Please." she pleaded, before she turned and walked away from the men and towards the Velociraptor's holding cell.

x