7

The robbers and police had already finished their negotiations when a sudden change occurred. Amongst the hostages, a skinny man suddenly lunged at the nearest robber, and took advantage of when he hadn't reacted to bite into his neck.

"Ah!" The robber cried out terribly.

'An entertainment novel turned into a zombie novel? You can do that?'

Clearly, Shi Sheng was just thinking too much. The robber pushed the man away and gave him a harsh kick. The man slammed into the wall and moaned in pain. The next moment though, he leapt back up and pounced on the robber again shouting madly, "Trash like you deserve to die! Go die! I will help enact justice on you, I'm a hero! I'm a herooo!"

"The hell is with this madman, quickly get him off!" The robber who had been attacked roared furiously at his fellows beside him. However, the man seemed as if he had been shot full of chicken blood as he used every method he had to attack them. Even if it was grabbing them by the hair and biting them, as long as it was effective, that man would use it.

Taking advantage of when one of the robbers revealed a gap when he went over to help his friend, a few of the braver people amongst the hostages charged over towards the door.

The crack of a gunshot rang out. The madman seemed as if someone had hit the pause button on him as his eyes widened and he fell backwards, blood pouring from his body. There was a moment where everything seemed to move sluggishly.

"Who the fuck allowed you to shoot!" A robber standing on the other side roared.

"Ah! They're killing people, save me aaah!!!"

"I- I don't wanna die. I have elderly and kids at home, spare me, please just let me off..."

"Let me outta here, let me out!"

The people who had originally been squatting suddenly all stood up as they fought to make their way to the exit. The robbers probably didn't plan on actually killing anyone as they simply used their superior physical strength to block them.

Perhaps the hostages had guessed this point for their courage suddenly grew. A few even started attempting to snatch the robbers' guns. In the chaos, a few people made their way over to Shi Sheng's direction as leaving through the window was much faster than leaving through the door.

This all happened within a few seconds. When Xia Man finally reacted, she started to make for the window. Perhaps it was because she had been too nervous earlier for the moment she moved, her legs softened, causing her to trip and fall.

BANG! Yet another gunshot rang out. As Shi Sheng had been holding onto Lu Qingyun's arm this entire time, the moment the robbers began opening fire, Shi Sheng had pulled Lu Qingyun to the side to dodge and had shoved Xia Man in passing, causing the bullet to graze Xia Man's shoulder and embed itself into the floor.

"Get out." Shi Sheng pointed at the window. Even under such chaotic circumstances, Lu Qingyun still had a brilliant smile on his face which made people's scalps tingle and break out in cold sweat.

Shi Sheng quickly shifted her gaze as she pulled him towards the window. The two vaulted over the window ledge before hearing the sounds of gunshots again. A few policemen charged forward and hurriedly brought the two to the back where they could be protected.

"You saved her just now." Lu Qingyun leaned against a police car with a casual posture as he raised his eyebrow at the girl who had just decided to sit on the ground without thought for her image.

Shi Sheng pouted as she blew at the bangs that were in her face before speaking in a righteous tone, "Saving a person's life is better than building a seven-storied pagoda."