Chapter 1: No More

Wow. This is the second book. I feel like just yesterday I was trying to get the nerve to publish that first one. That sentence was too emotional.

-Octavia

Clary's POV

My screams filled the room and the shock ran through my body. "Please stop." The shock finally stopped and I could breath again. I tried to even my breaths but the tears were still falling from my face. 

"Ohh. Come on Clary. It's just a little shock." Who the hell was Clary. I readied myself for another shock but it never came. 

"Sir," another voice came through the room, "there's a problem."

"Well you got lucky Clary." I heard footstep leave the room then the door close. This was my chance, my only chance. I looked around the room, no cameras. Then I took out the bobbie pin that was hiding behind my teeth. I bent down and put the item into my hand. Slowly, I slipped the pin into the lock on my right hand, then into the one on my left. I crawled out of the chair and onto the floor. The pain from my wounds making my head throb. I pull myself onto shaky legs. Slowly and carefully, I walk over to the door. I take the bobbie pin from my hand and try to unlock the door. I hold my breath until I hear the click from the door and it opens. I look at my surroundings and run as fast as my legs would take me to the door leading to the outside. From behind me I hear an angered scream then sirens. I ran faster then I thought I ever could trying to reach the door. my hand grasped the handle. Turning it as fast as I can, I run outside and just run. I didn't know where I was going but I needed to get out of here.

I landed at some building. I grasped my knees tying to gain my breath. I could still hear the mans search party. I don't know why he wanted me so badly, but he did. I ran into the building, feeling a pull into it. When I opened the door I was shocked to find a military base there. Everyone was looking at me, and some were whispering to each other. "Um..."

"Clary!" I heard a female voice say. A girl with long black hair ran over to me. "Oh my god."  She looked at me stunned. It was then that I released I was covered in my own blood. She put a gentle hand on my back, but I pulled away. From the sudden movement, and everything that has happed today, I started feeling light headed. I fell to the floor. "Alec!" I heard her scream before everything went back.

Alec's POV

I ran when I heard Izzy yelling my name. "Izzy what's wrong...?" When I got behind her my jaw dropped to the floor. Clary was passed out and bloody. Without saying another word I grabbed Clary and ran to the medical room. "Help, please."

1 Hour later

I was sitting next to Clary's bed holding her hand. There is a small knock on the door. Turning around I see Izzy with Olivia in her stroller. "Hey." I said half heartedly. 

"Olivia is asleep so I thought we could talk."

I give a quick glance to Clary. Her small frame laying there brought a tear to my eye. "Yea sure." We leave Olivia in the room with Clary and walk just outside the door. Right when we leave the room I loose it and start crying. "It's all my fault."

"No it's not." She walks up to me and wraps her arms around me. "She's home. She's ok." 

I let the tears fall. I let go when I hear shuffling from the other room. I walk to the door and find Clary u and walking around. She's leaned over the stroller playing peek-a-boo with Olivia. I can't help but smile. Clary goes to sit on the bed, but Olivia starts crying. "Oh no no no." She picks Olivia up. The second she does, Olivia stops crying.

Olivia grabs Clary's hair. "Momma?" Olivia said. Olivia's first words.

I could help myself. "Yes Sweetie. You just said your first words. Good job." I walk over to Clary,  and put my hand on the small of her back. "Now let's try saying Daddy."

"Momma." 

"No Daddy."

"Momma."

"I think you are just trying to make me mad." I tickle her belly and she laughs. 

"I'm sorry." Clary says "I didn't mean to.." She trails off and hand Olivia to me. "She just started crying and I wanted her to calm down so I picked her up."

"It's ok Clary."

"Who?"