Chapter 3: What now

Alec's POV
Until...
"Alec we need you here. Now!" I was Izzy. Great.
"Oh thank the Angel." Magnus said. Wait... he's still in the room.
"Damn it." I muttered. I rub my finger on the side of Clary's cheeks. "I'll be back I promise." I kiss the top off her head. I run after Izzy's voice. The only thing in my head is I'll come back for you Clary.
Clary's POV
Alec left. I don't know why I was so worried but I am. It felt like he took a piece of me with me with him. "Clary," I heard someone say from behind me. It was the sparkling man. What was his name again? "Maybe we should start trying to jog your memory."
"You're right..." I said leaving the ending part open for him to finish.
"Magnus."
"Right. Magnus."
"Ok where do I begin?" He got up from where he was sitting and walked over to the book case. He grabbed a book and sat back down, placing the book in front of me. "This..." he pointed to a weird looking shape. "...is a rune."
"A Rune?" I asked very confused.
"I helps protect Shadow hunters. They can do many things but each of them take energy."
"Ok. I only have one question."
"Of course."
"What's a Shadowhunter?"
"This is going to be a long night." He said annoyed.