Child-Waker

David decided to have lunch outside since it's a beautiful sunny day. Romeo and Cruz helped me set up the table doing as little joking around as possible.

"Riley dear, I think we're short on plates."

That's weird, I thought I had enough for everyone. I looked back at the wooden table. David, Harper, Romeo, Cruz, Brooklyn, Chase, Michael, and Riley. Eight people, eight plates.

"Um, there's enough for everyone." I scrunched my eyebrows.

"Aren't you going to eat lunch?"

Oh.

"Well, I suppose I can eat after I clean up." I tried to reason but something about David's fatherly look told me I'm going to eat now.

"It's a beautiful day!" David gestured to the bright blue sky. "You might as well eat with us. Here and now."

The Other Riley snickered but stopped abruptly when Brooklyn elbowed him.

"Uh, okay. I'll just go grab the plate." I smiled at them. Oh wait. I turned around. "Guys, what do you want to drink?" I looked at them expectantly.

Cruz raised his hand in the air. Why can't I have the same level of cuteness as this boy does. Curse you, Mother Nature.

"Yes, Cruz?" My outer lips tugged itself upwards.

"I'd like to have iced tea if that's okay with you."

Well besides the fact that I am supposed to make everything they ask me to, this little guy is very cute.

"Of course I'm okay with it. I'll just make a pitcher so the others can have it too."

I was almost back at the kitchen when somebody jogged up beside me.My eyes told me it was Brooklyn, my heart told me it was a serial killer. It's Brooklyn, of course.

"Oh, hey. Do you need anything?"

He touched the nape of his neck awkwardly. "Nope. My dad is hoping I could help you with something, though."

"I see. Just wait a little bit, okay?"

He gave me an okay sign and sat on the stool. I found a pitcher, put  crushed berries and squeezed half a lemon into it, a little honey, and some mint leaves. After that, I just added the tea and ice. I found another pitcher and filled it with water.

Brooklyn was on his phone, smiling at something. At that moment, he looked just like any other teenage boy. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depends on how you see it), we all know he isn't. I could just spend all day staring at him but there are people waiting for us, so.

"We're all good." His head snapped back at me and I handed him the pitcher with tea in it.

We got back and David and the others laughing around. Brooklyn put the pitcher at the edge of the table and I followed suit. We sat at the edge of the table, each other's opposites.

David clapped his hands together. "Okay, eat up children." Cruz perked up and grinned cheekily. "Bone apple teeth." I knew it from Vine so I laughed a little. The others just chuckled and dug in into their food.

You know that freaky moment when you made something and let the public eye see it? That's what I'm feeling right now.

"Yummy." My eyes snapped to Harper's and my heart skipped a beat. Did she just say 'yummy'? The others murmured and nodded and smiled in agreement.

Win? Win.

-----------------

It's 3 in the afternoon and I'm watching TV with Harper. Guess what channel we're watching.