Part 4

The next day at breakfast Collin didn't tell me where we going but he told me to wear one of the dresses thatg we'd bought the day before. So I did as he asked. I went upstairs, showered and then changed into the blue maxi dress. I put my hair into a bun with plaits leading into it and I wore my new sandles. I put a little bit of make up on just to cover my tires skin but again not a lot.

I looked out of my window at the children on the beach, they all looked happy, enjoying their summer holdiays. I thought back to me when I was that age. Mum and Dad were still together so he would join us down here for a couple of weeks. We'd always stay in the village, never drive anywhere else. We'd spend endless days together on the beach and in the nights we'd visit our friends. Me and Collin would always have friends there and try to spend as much time with them as possible.

I entered the living room and Collin kindly informed me that Mum had left a couple of minutes earlier to go somewhere and she'd took her car. I didn't ask question. None of us knew where she went she would just say "I'm going out, don't wait up."

"So where are we going today?" I asked him.

"You'll find out when we get there." We went outside and started walking. I didn't have a clue where exactly we were heading. We were following a path that took us along the top of the beach. Shortly we arrived at another residential area. We walked through a couple more streets and stopped at a house. The house looked familiar but I couldn't remember who lived there. Collin knocked on the door and a boy opened it, he looked around my age, maybe a little bit older. I stared at him for a moment, smiled and looked at Collin. Collin smiled back at me. "Hey Robbie."

"Hey Eliza." He replied. I hadn't seen Robbie for two years. He and I used to be extremely close, I'd try to see him every day in my summers at the beach house. Looking at him now though he had certainly changed. He was much taller, his skin was tanned, his hair was cut shorter and well his muscles, they were defined. He invited us both in when Collin said "It's ok, I'm going to go. Have fun you two if you need anything call me and come home whenever."

"Okay, thanks, bye." I said as he walked down the driveway.

"Come in then." Said Robbie smiling at me.

"It's been ages." I said as we entered his living room.

"Two years." He said.

"Yup, so much as happened in the last two years." I said to him.

"You look so different." He said to me. I giggled, remebering what I looked like two years ago. I was fourteen, still had my braces on and my hair was horrific. "So do you." I said.

"Come on, we need a catchup and there's only one place to do that." He said already heading outside. I laughed and followe him.

He stopped at the ladder of his tree house and let me go first. I started climbing up the ladder, which was extremely hard to do in a dress. I was almost at the top when I looked down at him and said "Your not looking at my bum are you?"

He laughed and said "Your the same girl as you were all those years ago."

"Wouldn't you like to know." I said, continuing up the ladder. I opened the hatch and pulled myself in. I took a look around, nothing had changed, apart from the new Cd's and speakers that were now wired up. I took my favourite seat, a beanbag opposite the window that looked straight to the sea. A couple of moments later Robbie appeared with a bag of chocolotes. He took a seat on the bean bag opposite me and stretched his legs out. "Catch up time then, you go first." He said.

"Here we go. Well remeber the last summer that I saw you and I told you about that dude Jackson?"

"Yeah, but that was the summer that you left half way through, what happened?"