Part 3

The next day went by painfully slow,just like they all seemed to these days. Mum went out 'shopping' and Collin stayed home with me. "I spoke to her last night." Said Collin mid afternoon, he'd been staring at his phone for a good ten minutes. I was flipping through a magazine sitting on my arm chair in the living room. "And what happened?" I asked him.

"She said how hard it was living with a lovesick teenager and how she desrved her own fun."

"What did you say back?"

"I told her that your not just lovesick but your worried for his health. I said to her how even though neither of us are that fussed on him you need a mother to talk to when things got rough. She then replied with "Your here now so there's no need to worry."

"Wow." I whispered. The truth was that me and mum used to be really close until I got to about fourteen then things started going down hill.  As mine and Jacksons relationship progressed we'd been seeing more of eachother and this affected my Mum. She's always been a party animal but obviously since she's had kids she's had to give it up however after I started seeing my friends more and Collin started his Alevels Mum slowly started going out more. She'd even go out and get drunk if she had work the next day. Now, as you can tell she's going out all the time. My Dad used to control her habbitts by making her look after us kids but as we hit our teens she got bad and Dad left. Dads now living in America with his new wife. He had a promotion and didn't give it a second thought, none of us have seen him for the last two years, he skypes us once or twice a month but that's it.

I could feel the tears prick in my eyes, Collin came over to me and hugged me for ages then he went back to his phone. About half an hour later he said  "Why don't me and you go somewhere tomorrow?"

"umm, why?" I asked him.

"Beacuse you need to get out of this house" He replied.

"Fine, where will we go?"

"Uh, well, there's someone that I'd like you to meet." He said

"Who?" 

"Well, I have a new girlfriend.."

"Uh, no then I'm not coming out with you so you can rub your new relationship in  my face."

"Look Eliza, she went through something similar to you when she was younger and I think that it will be nice for you to talk to her. I won't rub our relationship in your face, I promise."

"Okay, fine, I'll do it for you."

"Her name is Ruth, I've been dating her for a couple of months."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked, glad of a distraction.

"Because, at first I wasn't sure whether it was going to last and then when I made up my mind Jackson took off and it wasn't the right time to tell you."

"Oh. Ok. So does she live far away then?"

"It's about an hour away from here, in a small village called Mayfield."

"How did you meet her?"

"What's this, twenty questions?" He asked me.

"No, look, it's a distraction from my messed up life right."

"I suppose. I met her on a social networking app, it was accidental, but we started talking and a couple of weeks after I drove to see her. She's lovely, honsetly."

"Woah, pretty boy broke the rules and spoke to someone he didn't know online?" I said, teasing him, the truth was though that he'd always told me to never to speak to people I didn't know online and I was surprised that he had. I'd done it a couple of years ago when Mum and Dad split because it was an escape. I could reinvent myself with these people or even tell them the truth if they asked. It was a way of flirting with boys with no intention of ever meeting them, I put pictures of myself up with flirty eyes and too much skin on show, that caught boys attention. I kept this up for a while until I got really close to one boy named Jake. We talked for hours on end and he made me feel special until I found out that he had been lying about his age, he told me that he was sixteen but he was actually eighteen, that changed everything. Shortly after that I started going out with Jackson, honestly, Jackson saved me.