Chapter 1

I was running through the woods, my paws hitting the forest floor. Crunching the leaves that were starting to fall. I could smell him. His arousal, his need. I was running a mile a minute, focusing soley on the ground in front of me. I wasn't looking up into the distance. I was concentrating on getting away, and hiding from the Beast.

I don't even notice when he stops mid-run. I keep on moving. But when I hear an unfamiliar growl I glance to my right. I had crossed a line.

I was in unfamiliar territory. I had one large black wolf growling at me. He was in a threatening position. I glance behind me to see the Beast retreating behind a row of trees. I whimper at the large black wolf, bowing down to show I'm not a threat.

He steps forward and growls again, I whine softly and look back where the Beast had retreated. I wanted this wolf to know I was afraid. I was afraid of being caught by someone else entirely.

I hear two more deep growls as I try to meet the wolves eyes.

I sniff the air and realize the Alpha isn't even here. I was with his Beta, and his back up was the Gamma and Delta. I whine again in a last attempt, glancing back and looking up at the big black wolves.

I lean down and whimper, Please, I beg even though I know they can't hear me. I know the link doesn't work unless I'm welcomed.

The biggest, the Beta, growls at me and leaps. I have no choice but to fight back. I'm a good fighter, at one point in time my pack had been the leading fighters in our country. We had been known to train the best, but we were also known as the fairest of them all.

When he lunges for my back I know he's only trying to put me out. He was saving me for someone else. I snarl and bite at the Gamma's shoulder as the Delta pins my lower body down.

It's over to quickly as I'm out numbered. The Beta nudges me up and tosses me into a tree. From there, everything goes black.

Vote. Comment. Fan.