Chapter 4

I'm in my supposed bedroom when I hear the giggling. I had been waiting for everyone to go to bed and had been surprised when I heard Ashton slip out of the house to head down to a nearby bar.

I decide to get a drink just so I can see who is in the hallway.

When I open the door to the hallway I see Ashton's door closing, and a wisp of dark brown hair as the girl closes the door. It instantly makes me nauseous and I don't understand why. I don't even know why I'm curious as to who he has in his bedroom.

He's an Alpha, and he has his needs. But shouldn't he be slowing down when he knows his Mate is almost of age?

Now I know you may think that seventeen isn't the legal age, but in our world it is. We're werewolves and when we're seventeen our Goddess finds it suitable to Mate, no matter what the age difference is. Eighteen applies to humans, and I am no human.

When I walk into the kitchen I grab a glass and open the fridge, I end up finding apple juice. After pouring a glass I turn around to see a very familiar looking blonde girl.

Her eyes widen when she sees me, "You're Radella."

I nod, "The one and only."

She gulps, "I'm Claire."

I nod, "Nice to meet you."

She bites her lip and looks away, "Did Ashton bring someone upstairs?"

I nod, "He did. I heard the girl giggling, sounds like an airhead."

She gives me a half smile, "She probably is. But he's probably really drunk."

I shrug and take a sip of my juice, "So is it worth it to try to go back up to the room I'm in or should I just wait until they stop?"

She laughs lightly, "I'd wait down here. If the girl was a brunette she's a screamer."

Tristen walks in then and his eyes widen, "I thought you were in bed?"

I shrug, "I couldn't sleep and Ashton has someone upstairs and I was thirsty. But I've been advised to stay down here for a while."

He looks at the girl, Claire and rolls his eyes, "Yeah, she should know."

So was I right?

From the horrified look on her face I was, "Okay...well I'm going to go sit in the living room and read."

I glance at the clock and see it's only midnight, as long as they were done in an hour I could still get out of here. My bag was packed. I was leaving in human form. It would be easier for now.

About forty minutes later I'm disrupted by Ashton coming down the stairs with whatever skank he had up in his room. She gives me a smirk before he even notices me and grabs her purse from the couch before disappearing down a hallway.

Ashton turns to look after her and notices me as I pretend to read my book.

"Radella? I thought you were in bed."

I glance up and shrug, "I got thirsty so I came down here." 

He seems to watch me for a few moments before I decide to stand up and head upstairs to my temporary room.

As I make my way to the staircase he says, "Where are you going?"

"Bed, I'm tired."

"Hey Radella do you want some....oh."

I turn around on the third step to find Claire coming from the kitchen with a bag of popcorn in her hand, "No thanks. I'm going to bed."

She nods and glances at Ashton who's glaring at her.