Chapter 3

I wake up to the sound of a door shutting. I sit up and run my hand through my tangled hair, looking up I find Ash, "Did I wake you up?"

I nod, "Yeah."

He frowns, "Sorry."

I swing my legs off the bed and he says, "Well it's probably a good thing, you need to eat."

I shrug, "I haven't had real food in so long I don't even remember what it tastes like."

He frowns opens up the door, "Come on. Everyone else is gone, it's just us."

I sigh and stand up following him up the stairs into the house. When we come up the stairs we end up in the kitchen, I frown, "How on earth did they get me through here in wolf form?"

He smirks and shakes his head, "There's another staircase down there, they brought you in through the garage."

I nod, "That makes more sense."

He chuckles and opens up the fridge, "Eggs okay?"

I nod, "Yeah."

I watch him for a few minutes as he moves around the kitchen and finally decide to ask, "How did you know my parents?"

He presses his lips together, "Our packs use to do business together. Actually our packs were two of the very few who had the same name representing them. The Red Claws and the Black Claws have always done business. Some of our pack members have even Mated."

I frown, "Is that why our parents got along? Because of Mates?"

He shakes his head, "Our packs use to be one pack. Did you know that?"

I shake my head, "No, but I suppose that explains the common name."

He nods, "The Beta for the Blacks didn't like not having control. He seperated himself from them and then formed his own pack of rogues."

"But how did he get the land for that?"

He shrugs, "It's in your families papers. You'd have to go to the Elders for that information. But I suspect Black gave over a piece of land when it was divided for a treaty. I've actually been trying to figure that out. Some people want to create trails for rogues so the ones who don't want trouble can follow them without coming across us."

I nod, "I think that's a good idea. It would help rogues know who's willing to help them too."

He furrows his brow, "I suppose that's true. Did you run across packs who helped you?"

I nod, "Yes, a few. But mostly I stayed away, right on boundary lines."

"Where were you running from when you came across our line?"

I shrug, "Everywhere."

"Where had you been staying?"

I bite my lip, "I was at a friends pack house, I left in the middle of the night when I heard someone outside. I didn't want anyone to get hurt. He was after me an hour later. When I came across your pack I hadn't stopped all day. I'd been running since 5 in the morning."

His eyes darken as he slides the eggs onto the plate, "Which pack were you with?"

"Ravens."

His eyes darken to the wolf's blue, "You mean Gavin Perry?"

I nod, "Yes. I've known him for a long time."

"He hasn't found his Mate yet right?"

I frown, "No, he hasn't."

He nods slowly and sets toast on my plate, "Do you know if anyone surrived that attack on your pack Red?"

I look up at him as he calls me Red, "Some were older than me and have found their Mates with other packs. Others ran to friends, and everyone else died that night."