CHAPTER 17.

Blake pulls into his driveway, and as the car rolls to a stop, a Mercedes G-class gracefully reverses around the marble fountain.

"You guys can head inside," Blake says, stepping out of the car with an air of familiarity. "I'll join you in a minute." He moves purposefully toward the Mercedes.

We exit the car, and my breath catches as I take in the sight before me. The mansion looms large, a testament to wealth and grandeur I hadn't fully imagined. "This is Blake's house?" I murmur, my words barely audible as I motion toward the imposing structure.

I knew Blake came from money, but this... this is something else entirely. The mansion is nestled near the beach, where the sound of waves crashing against the shore blends with the surrounding silence. The house itself looks as though it belongs on the cover of an architectural magazine—a modern, geometric masterpiece with a flat roof and expansive windows that reveal glimpses of the elegant interior. A meticulously landscaped garden, its paths lined with concrete, frames the property, adding a touch of nature's grace to the otherwise stark lines of the house.

I can only manage a single word, barely a whisper: "Wow."

"This place makes our houses look like dollhouses," Eve mutters, her awe palpable. "How many people live here?" she asks, still wide-eyed.

"Three," Ray replies, leading the way to the brown metallic front door. We follow him, the reality of Blake's world sinking in with each step.

Inside, my awe deepens. The interior is pristine, with walls painted a flawless white and floors polished to a smooth, almost ethereal finish. Everything gleams with newness as if the house itself is untouched by time. My eyes are drawn upward, captivated by the glass crystal chandelier that hangs like a crown jewel.

"Have you guys decided on what to watch?" Blake's voice pulls me back, and I turn to find him standing close, his presence grounding me in the moment.

I look up at him, noticing the difference in our heights for the first time. He towers over me, easily six foot three or four, a few inches taller than Ben. I can't help but wonder how we'd look together, the thought lingering longer than I'd like.

A voice interrupts my thoughts, soft and feminine. "Blake, baby, is that you?" A woman, likely in her late thirties, enters the entryway. She shares Blake's brown hair and eyes, her slender frame and height—around 5'5"—a mirror of my own. I can't help but think Blake must have inherited his height from his father.

"You have guests," she says, her gaze shifting from Eve and me to Ray. "Raymond."

"Hey, Mrs. Hand," Ray greets her, a smile already forming on his lips.

"Mum," Blake says, gesturing to us, "this is Cassy and Eve." He introduces us, and we return her kind smile.

Her eyes linger on me, her gaze appraising. "So, this is Cassy," she says, her attention briefly flicking to Blake before returning to me. "It's nice to finally meet you."

Wait, what? Nice to finally meet me?

Has Blake been talking about me? If so, why?

"We'll be in the theater room," Blake says, already moving down the hall.

Still taken aback by his mother's words, I manage to say, "Nice to finally meet you too," before we follow Blake.

As we wander down the corridor, I notice a photo on the wall. It's of Blake and a girl I don't recognize, locked in a kiss. The first thought that crosses my mind is... that's not Erica.

Questions flood my mind. Who is she? Why does he have a photo of her in his house? Is she special to him? Does he love her? Are they still together? Is he cheating on her with Erica?