Chapter 2

~Cheryl's POV~

"You remember? You remember everything?" I asked shocked. Toni nods.

"Yeah." She whispers. "I just- I need a minute." Toni starts to stands up, but I cling to her.

"Please, don't leave. Not again. Last time I let you go I lost you. I can't go through that again. I can't." I start to cry a little more. Toni pulls me into a hug, drawing circles on my back as I cry into her neck.

"It's okay. I'm not leaving you, but I can't stay here. In Riverdale I mean. Too many memories. I've been planning to move to New York for about a month now. I've already got a job lined up over there and a place to stay. It's cheap and I can afford it. There isn't anything holding me back.... not until now." Toni whispered the last part, but I still heard it.

"You're moving? To New York?" I ask as a smile creeps up onto my face. Toni nods, looking up, expecting me to be sad.

"I live in New York. I just missed Pops, so I came to visit and I saw you here. What are the chances?" I chuckle. Shocked, Toni answered,

"You live in New York? Wow. That's... crazy." Toni said still confused. "I was planning on leaving today, but I don't have car. I was going to take the bus." Toni replied.

"Then let's go back together. I have a car and I need to get back home for work. And I think it's about time you get out of this town." I smile. Toni nods as we both walk to my car.

~Outside Cheryl's Apartment~

"This day keeps getting crazier and crazier." Toni admits.

"What are you talking about?" I question.

"This is the exact building that I got my apartment in." Toni said surprised.

Shocked, I responded, "No way, that's amazing." I responded. "Let's go up to mine, so we can get some rest. I have work tomorrow, so you gotta fend for yourself while I work." I joke.

"I have an interview tomorrow anyways, so I won't be home either." Toni says getting out of the car. Home I think to myself. Did Toni just call my place her home? Or maybe she was referring to her apartment, but then again she hasn't even moved in yet.

Toni and I walked up the stairs toward my apartment in a comfortable silence. This is the first time that I have felt somewhat happy in years. I'm really glad that I found her and I really look forward to living in the same building as her. I smile to myself thinking about all the future memories they will have together.

"You okay?" Toni asks. I nod, still smiling and I don't plan to stop anytime soon. We enter my apartment and place our things in the living room. "I'll take the couch tonight. You can have the bed. There is food in the kitchen so you can help yourself to anything you'd like." I say smiling.

"You're cute and crazy if you think you're sleeping on the couch. Come on we can share the bed, right?" She asks oblivious to what I was thinking. I nod nervously, not trusting my voice. "Okay then. I'll meet you in there." Toni says with a wink. My breath hitches.

Does she know what she is doing to me? If she keeps this up for any longer, I won't be able to handle myself. God I still love this woman to this day.

I push my thoughts away and make my way into my room to see Toni already sleeping facing my side of the bed. I lay down, facing away from her, but I can't get comfortable. I always sleep on my right side and I can't get comfortable on my left side, so I flip over facing Toni not expecting to see her wide awake, smiling.

"I thought you were sleeping." I ask a bit confused.

She giggles and responds, "I was pretending." I smile back at her not wanting to be anywhere else but here, with her. Toni leans over and kisses my forehead, causing me to blush way too much for my own liking. I duck down, covering my cheeks with the blanket, embarrassed. She giggles and whisper a goodnight before closing her eyes.

Can I live like this any longer? Not being able to touch her? To kiss her? To tell her I love her?

To call her mine?

A/N~ sorry I know this chapter is really short, but I just wanted to give you guys something before the weekend is over. Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote and comment your opinions and ideas.

Word count: 792