Introduction Part 1

Plot overview: 

Delhi

Dev Sehgal Chatterjee

Dr. Dev S. Chatterjee, a fairly new, polished doctor, straight out of medical school. His father is a rich businessman who wants Dev to complete his MBA specialized in the healthcare industry from a prestigious university abroad. Born to a Punjabi mother and a Bengali father, Dev, as a person, is nothing special. He does what his father says only if he thinks he benefits from it. Raised up with luxuries, Dev wants to make big for himself in his life. Overall, an emotionless guy, lacking concern and sympathy but with excellent profit and loss sense. If he aims for something- be it a degree or a girl, he gets it no matter what. Dev, now 25 years of age has completed his M.D. with specialization in cardiology from MAMC, the most prestigious medical school in India. Now, he targets one of the Ivy League schools in the states to get his masters of business.

Mumbai

Diya Mishra

A 21-year-old, happy-go-lucky girl. She has seen so much in life, but never forgets to smile. She wants to bright up the world. Brought up by a single father, who does not care about her, she is closer to her 'Archu Aunty', a resident at the old-age home that Diya visits. She trusts the world blindly, thinks that whatever happens, happens for good. The only thing that she wants right now is to get away from her home. Why? Because her father has decided to remarry after 10 years of her mother's death and she is still not over it. To add to the trouble, her to-be 30-year-old step-mother is already pregnant. Full of life, emotions and innocence, Diya accepts Archu aunty's proposal of going to Archu's sister in the States to get a Masters in Arts. 

Characters:

Dr. Dev S. Chatterjee: male protagonist

Diya Mishra: female protagonist

Sarita Sehgal Chatterjee: Dev's mother

Bijoy Chatterjee: Dev's father

Tarla Medhvan: Bijoy's friend's daughter

Samridh Medhvan: Tarla's twin brother

Vinay Mishra: Diya's dad

Reshama: Diya's to-be stepmother

Archana Joshi: Diya's well wisher

Sarla Deewan: Archana's sister

Neha Mishra: Diya's cousin