prologue

I look at the majestic mountains that distract me from the training I should be doing. It reminds of how different it is from home. I wonder how Narendra has been since I have left. I have not visited home in two winters and I wonder if mother is still upset with me for wanting to train for infantry rather than learning the proper etiquette for a Princess.

I was never fit to be a Princess.

Even the green hills that seem never ending are not enough to distract me from the thumping of hooves. My horse, Ryder, also notices the presence of someone approaching us from a distance. I hold tight to his reins and wait for the person to become visible. I notice that it is one of the knights I am training with. The moment we come in the line of vision with each other he begins to yell.

"Princess Rosalind!" he yells. With a few short seconds, he is right beside me with what seems to be a letter. "Princess Rosalind, I come with news about Narendra," he states with an exhale of a breathe. "Well, what is it?" I ask slightly impatient with his foolish running around. "Well I am not to know, but a letter was sent for you with a strong urgency."

He hands me the letter and leaves me to read it. I can not help but become worrisome about my kingdom, I have not received a letter from home since I have arrived at training. Nothing stops me as I hastily open the letter.

Dear Rosalind,

Narendra has never needed your presence more. I need you to come back home before the week's end. The kingdom is in chaos and in dire need of authority. Tragedy has struck the kingdom, an unknown group has attacked. The villages are fine for they were not attacked, but the same does not go for the Palace. Rosalind, I regret the circumstances for which I have to tell you this but, your parents, the Queen and King, have been killed. My sorrows

-Aunt Clarissa

I have no fucking idea why this prologue makes me sound like some kind of damsel in distress.

-------

Cast in photos:

Harry: