4

Brook-

I walk into work the next day feeling a little awkward. Not because of myself or by Mr. Asshole, but by how everyone else has been talking to me.

"Hey Brooklyn, how are you feeling?" Mrs. Deb asks with a motherly voice.

"I'm fine," I answer back a little confused.

"Mum, I am about to head out to work, I'll be back to help close up tonight though," Rye says walking out of one of the rooms and giving his mother a kiss on the cheek. "Oh hey Brook, how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine."

His cheery tone automatically shifts to something serious, "listen mate, I am sorry we couldn't help you the other night. You know Andy can sometimes be a little-"

"A little what?" Andy interrupts walking through the front door. He goes over to the computer to clock in before looking back up at his boyfriend, "A little what Ryan?"

Rye looks nervous before checking his phone, "oh look at the time! I must be off." He give his mother another kiss on the cheek and Andy a gentle kiss on the lips, "See you later tonight babe."

Andy rolls his eyes, "yeah sure."

"Bye sweetie," Mrs. Deb calls out before Rye leaves the building.

-

After my morning coffee that Tilly surprised me with, I settled into my room and waited for the babies to arrive with Tilly next to me. "So I don't mean to be rude," she starts, "but how were things after the whole fiasco? I know it must have been tough waking up in a strangers bed after what happened to you."

I look at her confused, "what do you mean by 'after what happened to me'?"

"Wait," her eyes widen, "do you not remember what happened?"

I chuckle, "the last thing I remember is trying to find you on the dance floor."

"Oh," she blushes, "well, I mean you should probably know, Harper called yesterday morning saying he found you in an alley way which is why he brought you home."

"Wait what?"

"Tilly, you have a kid," Mrs. Deb calls from the hallway.

She perks up, "okay! We are not done with this conversation," she looks towards me and I just stare back her a little shocked.

What was I doing in an ally way? I don't even remember leaving the club let alone ending up somewhere like that. How gone was I?

The day goes on with me thinking about that night, trying to remember anything that could have led me to that place. What possessed me to say yes to go home with Harper? I don't like him. I don't know him. He has proved to me over and over again that he is not a good person so why would me (even drunk me) want to go home with him?

Towards the end of the day, I only have two kids left, Rory and Sophie. Rory was asleep in a swing so I went to change Sophie's diaper. When I was almost done, Andy waltz into the room to grab some paper towels. "So, is I guess Harper isn't really an asshole huh?" he laughs a little to himself.

I scoff, "just because he brought me home one night doesn't mean he isn't an asshole."

Andy's face turns serious for a second, "dude, he saved you. He could have just left you there or didn't stop the guy from you know doing what he wanted."

My head snaps up, "what are you talking about?" Why does everyone keep talking in circles about this night? Frist Harper and now my co-workers?

"You don't know what happened?"