Chapter 6

Betty POV
It was late that night and I couldn't sleep- so I started to text Jughead.

Me: Hey Jug.
Jughead: Hey.
Me: Can't sleep either huh?
Jughead: You could say that.
Me: What's got you up?
Jughead: Nothing much.
Jughead: I don't think I can do this anymore.
Me: Can't do what anymore?
Jughead: Our "relationship".
Me: What?? It's only been a few days!
Jughead: I just don't know if I can do it.
Me: Why not?
Jughead: Idk. I think I'm gonna leave.
Me: Leave where?
Jughead: Somewhere far from here.
Me: Where are you right now?
Jughead: Somewhere.
Me: JUGHEAD! Where are you?
Jughead: Sweet Water.

I grabbed my coat and ran outside my house, it was 2 AM and it had started to snow. By the time I had gotten to Sweet Water River, It was snowing a bit harder. I had walked up next to the river and saw a bench about a few yards across from me.

"Jug?" I yelled.

I didn't get an answer so I walked over to the bench and saw Jughead was sitting there. "Jug are you ok- oh my god, what happened to you!?" I said.

"Archie." He said.

"Archie only punched you a few times." I said sitting down next to him.

"What happened?" I asked again.

"I don't know. I got home- and my dad was drunk- he was mad that my face was busted up and that I had beer spilled on my shirt. He thought I was drunk and got angry at me because I was talking back to him." Jughead said.

I then said, " So...he-"

"Ya." Jughead interrupted. "I cant-I can't anymore Betty." He said starting to cry.

The wind started to pick up so we had to talk loudly. "Well this is a one time thing right? It can't happen constantly." I said.

"You do realize you've never seen me without bruises on my face- right? Jughead said. He was right- now that I think about it- I've never seen Jughead without bruises.

"Why do you think I don't wanna be home at night?" He said. "How about we just go to my house?" I suggested.

Jughead nodded his head. I helped him up- he could barely walk- and was wincing every step of the way. His clothes were torn and he was covered in blood. When we finally arrived at my house- I could see that the lights were on- my mom was up. Crap. I came into my house with Jughead.

"ELIZABETH COOPER! ARE YOU INSANE?! GOING OUT AT 2 AM IN THE MORNING WHILE THERE IS BASICALLY A BLIZZARD OUTSIDE?!" She yelled from the kitchen as I heard her walking over. "HOW DARE YOU-" She caught a glimpse of Jughead.

"Who-who is this?..." My mom said starting to ease up.

I was basically holding Jughead up-he was very weak- and seemed like he was about to pass out. "He's staying here tonight." I said starting to go up to my room.

"What happened-" My mom said getting interrupted.

"I promise I will explain everything tomorrow- please mom." I said. She nodded her head and I went up with Jughead.

Once we got up the stairs, we dried off and I got me and Jughead blankets. I sat him up against the wall and walked to the bathroom.
"What are you doing..." Jughead managed to say.

"Shh...dont talk- I'm getting a first aid kit." I said from the bathroom. I walked back and sat down next to him with the kit. I opened it and grabbed the scissors. Jughead gave a scared look.

"Don't worry- I'm just using them to take the shirt off." I said cutting into his shirt.

Once it was fully off, I could see all the bruises and cuts on his body- it was bad. "Is it bad..." He asked.

"No." I said smiling at him.

I got out the alcohol and started at his face. He winced. "Sorry." I said. He smirked.

"What?" I asked.

"You're a great fake girlfriend." He said attempting to smile and shutting his eyes.

I smiled. By the time I cleaned everything up it was 3:30 AM, I didn't realize but Jughead had fallen asleep. I made sure he was ONLY sleeping and he was.

Then, I could finally rest easy.