The Green Eyed Snake

"Margo! Don't forget to come back here and get me when you go to lunch. It's a free period! They'll let you come down to get your best friend!" Locklyn yelled to me from her bed. I plugged in my curler, my mind is racing. It's my first day at this school. Sure I've been here for about a week to get settled, but it's kind of nerve racking. 

Orientation begins at 3:15, Margo! I keep reminding myself. I feel like I'll forget if I don't say it often enough. My curler beeps, telling me to pay attention and get the job done. I just can't concentrate. My heart is beating a mile a minute. I feel light-headed. But no backing out now.

I hold the curler into the last strand of straightened hair and wait as the seconds tick by, which feels like forever. After my last curl is complete,  I can finally clear my head and sort of relax a minute, catch my breath, take a break. 

"Margo, it's 2:54, you should probably leave around 3:00 so you can actually grab a chair." Locklyn peeked her head around the door. I nodded in agreement and slipped through beside her. "Whoa, who changed my roommate into a complete hottie?" I rolled my eyes. As I get closer and closer to the door, I feel even more frantic, like my heart is going to explode and my brain is going to turn into mush.

I get my black Converse from beside the door and slip them on. I turn the doorknob and open it slightly. I give Locklyn one last worried, yet hopeful, look and walk out. I feel like I'm going to puke. I inch closer down, what seems like, a never ending hallway. "Yo, Margo! You forgot your bag!" Locklyn yells, running toward me. Before a blink she's here and handing me my bag. 

"Have fun, and relax! It's honestly nothing to sweat about. It's fairly easy. Nothing big!" Locklyn shakes my shoulder. "You'll be fine!" She says as she turns and walks back. Vamps have good speed but we all have traits, some different and some same as the others. Locklyn has a killer arm, which helps when she plays softball, and nice running, which also helps her. 

Kellan's skills are excessive cleaning, he can get anything spotless. He's also very charismatic, he's had more boyfriends then I have. He's really hot, if he wasn't gay, I'd get that. His green eyes  are like magnet, you love to stare into them, but you can't bring yourself to let go after a while. He's pretty proud of them as well. 

Belexir, one of my newest friends, had the same color eyes. Only difference between the two... She hates them! She says she wishes her eyes were like mine, bright blue. I don't really see why, I mean. Eyes are eyes, why change who you are, and compare yourself to someone new? 

There's a crowd of girls, giggling and being obnoxious around the double doors on the lobby floor of our dorm. I push myself past and smell the dark September air.