Chapter 1: The great escape

I looked out of my cell as a guard came over they had been hauling prisoners out since early in the morning. nobody knew where we were being taken or why everyone was being hauled out to several busses that were standing in the courtyard i could see them from the small window in my cell some had come and gone loaded fully with prisoners like me. "out" the guard said when he janked the door open "and i thought prisoners weren't allowed scarves?" he pointed at the scarf hiding my mouth "this one is an exception" a robust woman stood at the end of the hallway "now come on we haven't got all day" she said in a stern voice. she was the director of the prison the only one with abilities that is allowed anywhere that isn't behind bars. i've heard some say that she is the daughter of some bigwallet that owns one of the largest company.. at least that is what the humans have told me.  there is no knowing wether or not they would actually tell me the truth. i was escorted to the bus where i was told to sit down in one of the seats in the middle of the bus as the back was already filled. people kept coming untill the whole bus was filled and every seat had been taken unlike the prison it'self the bus wasn't segregated by gender a woman with a shaved head sat next to me and all i could do was wonder why her hair had been shaved and wether it was her choice or not "what are you looking at jackass?" she said with a growl "if it wasn't for these stupid cuffs i would have electrocuted you right where you are sitting" i rolled with my eyes "don't think i am afraid of you you pipsqueak" she said as she prodded her elbow into my side "oh did that hurt?" she said teasingly right after prodding my side again to wich i mumbled under my breath "well you don't have to remind me thanks to whom we are in here in the first place, let me guess you murdered something with your thunder tighs?" i felt myself grinning however i knew nobody could actually see it due to my scarf wich was mainly there to give them the illusion of me being human. i suppose it was a charity gift from one of the guards who told me to wear it because they didn't want me to scare any of the new guards. of course they would get used to me being a bit different eventually and there is no doubt they would still immideately notice i wasn't human but i suppose my teeth would leave them with mental scarring. or something along those lines. a guard got in to supervize the bus though i had not noticed that the woman was looking at me like a wolf would at it's prey "say that again you freak and you are dead" she was growling at me as the guard walked over to her and almost janked her onto the floor to silence her i knew i was still grinning and was quite thankful for the scarf at this point as an inmate behind me was grinning too and actually got a similar treatment to ms thunderthighs. not long after the bus started to move and we were off to god knows where. we passed lots of houses and other areas and eventually ended up somewhere on a highway where it happened i suppose i got lucky i was on that particular bus that day as not long after arriving on the highway a school bus collided with us causing our bus to crash into a tree then topple over down a large hill though not large enough to call a mountain it was quite a drop. the bus driver had already perished from the moment the bus kissed that tree same as the guard the bus had already hung on to a ledge by just a hair so some of the inmates getting up and walking to the front to get the keys to the cuffs was what done most in.. the movement was just enough to have the bus topple down the hill and in turn killing most of the inmates inside. i remember hitting my head and losing consiousness for a little while before waking up from the scent of smoke and blood the bus was on fire and most of the inmates had flown against the ceiling ultimately breaking something ranging from a leg or an arm to their spine or neck. i got up and noticed i was bleeding i my head had crashed into the seat in front of me some of my blood was smeared onto it. ms thunderthighs was lying on the floor unmoving as i got up i looked around and noticed some seats were already empty where as others were covered in broken bodies and unconcious minds. i made my way to the front carefully and made sure not to step on anyone wich was quite a challenge with the headache i had when i arrived at the guard the key was lying on his chest i sighed "at least someone was nice enough to leave it here" i said as i opened my cuffs and threw them to the side the door had been thorn open by someone who either had a lot of strenght or just a strong ability. i stepped outside and noticed someone sitting not too far away. a young girl who also wore prison garbs too young to have been thrown in jail for any reason that wasn't both selfish and just utterly cruel. i walked over to her and she looked up at me "s-stay away from me" she said as tears rolled down her cheeks. i held up my hands to show her i didn't mean any harm "i don't want to hurt you. and i know you don't want to hurt me" she grabbed her knees and nodded silently "but i might" she said as she fastened her grip to her knees "i can't control them. i couldn't hide them like the others. it just happened" she sobbed as another pair of tears rolled down and dissapeared between the blades of grass beneath her "i understand. i didn't think they would lock me up either. though it does explain why my niece never returned. she is probably in one of these places herself thrown in just because we are stronger than others. you can't stay here though" i paused for a moment as i crouched down "if we leave now we have a better chance of staying out here instead of being thrown back in there. i have no doubt that in a few hours this place will be teeming with cops or maybe even the military" i held out my hand to her "don't worry i doubt you will be able to do more to me than that bus did and this is really just a scratch" i pointed at my forehead wich was still bloody "how is that only a scratch" she wiped a few tears "i have a hard head i suppose. now get up before the authorities get here unless you wanna be thrown back in there" she took my hand and i helped her up.