nueve

Y/N's POV

"Mommy," Mia walked up to me. "Where's daddy?"

"He went to work." I said. Finn had left the night before and hadn't come back.

"But he always has breakfast with us before he leaves." Emma looked at Finn's empty chair.

"He had to leave a little earlier today." I didn't like lying to my kids. I didn't know where he was, but I didn't want to tell them that.

"Mama," Mason came up to me. "Are you okay?"

He pointed at my cheek.

The last thing I wanted was for Mason to think badly of Finn. I thought it was important for a son to think highly of his father.

"Nothing happened, why?" I didn't like playing stupid to my own son.

"But you and daddy-"

"It was a probably a nightmare." I kissed his head.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes, baby. Come on, go brush your teeth I got to get you and your sisters to school." I sent them all to the bathroom.

I stood in the kitchen, feeling too many emotions.

Anger, fear, worry and confusion.

Why was he acting like this? Finn was never the person to treat anyone like that. He grew up in a bad environment and always swore he'd never be like his father. It hurt to see that he was starting to follow his footsteps.

I didn't want the kids to know, I didn't want to scare them. I'm trying my hardest to convince Mason it was a nightmare but I know my son, and he's smarter than to believe a lie and to be tricked.

-----------------

Finn's POV

I woke up in my car, in front a liquor store.

10:48 am

Shit.

I was already three hours late to work, I didn't see much of a reason to go. I would've gotten sent back anyway.

I quickly sat up, feeling like a million nails were being drilled into my head. I looked outside and closed my eyes, immediately regretting it. My eyes were sensitive to the sun and every part of me felt gross. I put my head down on the steering wheel, gathering the strength to start the car. I felt so drained.

I drove home, wondering when I even left. I didn't remember anything.

I showered and got dressed.

The house seemed kinda messy so I got to cleaning. Y/N always said she was stressed after work so I figure if I cleaned she would get home and relax. I walked to the closet where we had the cleaning supplies. On my way there I saw all our pictures in the hall. I smiled, taking myself back to those moments.

They day we got married, the day Mason and the twins were born.

I smiled, knowing this was my family, and I was so happy to have them all in my life. I think back to when I was younger and how I felt like I would get no where in life. Seeing that I ended up marrying the love of my life, having three amazing kids and having a way better job than I expected made me proud. I knew that I wouldn't have been able to do any of this without Y/N. She was the reason I was motivated and kept hope. The reason I healed and learned to love. I love her so much and I could never imagine a life without her.

I updated again :).

again, so sorry for updating sUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUper late, that's on me.
anyways, im probably gonna be updating a little more consistently now that im about to go on summer break. schools really stressful and i couldn't really find time to write :(. i promise tho, ill stop slacking.

anyways, im gonna be a sophomore next year, yay :D

what grade are you guys in, and how was your school year this year, id like to know, soy chismosa :)