First day of school

Anna's POV -

I woke up to the hot sun burning my skin. One small beam of light managed to sneak across the curtain and shine right into my eye. Well done.

I quickly threw a glance at the pink alarm clock on my bedside table. Ugh it was only 7:30... OH MY GOD IT WAS 7:30! I would be late to school! I was never late to school! And especially on my first day of school!

I rapidly threw the blanket from my bed and rushed to the kitchen of my small apartment. Hurried, I put some sort of cereal into a bowl and got dressed into my light blue skinny jeans and pink tank top.

I rushed to the car with my breakfast and ate it quickly while driving to school. How could I have forgotten to set my alarm clock? I was known as the good girl so would they still think of me as that?

I quickly ran to my school building only to be greeted by my teacher who gave me a disapproving look. I quickly walked over to the only free seat. I sat down and looked around. Great. To my right sat the grossest guy in school. Fred Bavington. He still had the greasy blonde hair that I remembered and the dirty blue shirt that he wore everyday. And to my right was some crazy new guy. He had dark brown hair sticking out in all directions. He had a stubble which I usually hated but it sorta looked good on him. He was wearing a shirt that read 'Joy Division'. What the hell was that? He sent me a friendly smile only to be returned with a disgusted look from me. Why did he smile at me? He doesn't even know me?

After I had realised that I had checked him out I blushed a bit and started paying attention to the teacher. He was talking about albatrosses and about some weird metaphors like 'there's an albatross around your neck. ' I hate birds so at that point I kinda stopped listening and threw a quick glance at the new dude. He was listening and seemed very interested. He didnt look like someone who'd like to learn? He looked like more of a conceited rebel.

New guys POV -

I walked into class with my best friend Kyle. We were both new at this school but we had each other and we knew that we'd always stick together. The teacher started talking about metaphors until a girl came rushing in. Damn she was gorgeous. She had beautiful long blonde hair, a perfect figure and amazing green eyes. I saw her looking around for a seat and then she came over to me. She sat down next to me and checked me out. When she saw my shirt she frowned a bit. What? She didn't know Joy Division? Shame on her... I was about to ask if she likes what she sees but then again I was way too shy and it would be really embarrassing. So i decided to just smile at her but all i got was a grossed out look. When she realised what she was doing she quickly payed attention to the teacher and so I did too. He was talking about really interesting metaphors about albatrosses and stuff like that so I decided to jot them down. Who knows, I might be able to use them in one of my songs.

After English was over, I headed to my different classes which were all quite interesting but I didn't like the teachers here at Leeds. After school I went back to my apartment and sat down on my comfortable couch. I was really in songwriting mood because of the new metaphors that I knew. I had so many ideas.

So I started:

'There's an albatross around your neck,

All the things you've said,

And the things you've done,

Can you carry it with no regrets,

Can you stand the human you've become,

Naaaa human sounds crappy! Can you stand the person you've become? yessssss

Ooh there's a light [2x]

[CHORUS]

Your Albatross, let it go, let it go,

Your albatross shoot it down, shoot it down

When you just can't shake

The heavy weight of living

Stepping forward out into the day

Shrugging off the dust and memory

Though it's soaring still above your head

It is out of sight and none shall see

Oooh there's a light [2x]

[CHORUS]

Your albatross, let it go, let it go,

Your albatross shoot it down, shoot it down

When you just can't shake

The heavy weight of living

When you just can't seem to shake

The weight of living

It's the sun in your eyes, in your eyes [4x]

[CHORUS]

Your albatross, let it go, let it go,

Your albatross shoot it down, shoot it down

When you just can't shake

The heavy weight of living

When you just can't seem to shake

The weight of living

The weight of living [4x]'

As I scribbled and crossed out I didn't realise that it was already getting late.