Ch IX.

"Toki" I called trying my best to get his attention. He looked up from the stacks of snacks, "What?"
If the death council is real, why couldn't they partner me with an more reliable spirit. There's no support or anything I'm receiving from this guy.
"I..I don't think I'm ready to face them", I said honestly.
Toki walked towards me, ruffled his blonde hair and position himself against the soda fridge. "What is the problem?" He demanded.
Did he just want me to repeat myself?
"I..I'm not ready.."
"Ready for what?" He said cutting me off, "You're dead, they probably won't be able to see you anyway".
I was fused with anger, what an ignorance and impolite young man. He is definitely lacking compassion for other individuals..maybe as a roaming spirits for years, he had become heartless.
"Do you not understand that finally being able to see my family means a lot to me?! Is my grandfather still patiently waiting for me to return? Who else is there that I don't remember?! My mother or father? Do I even have one? Sisters, brothers?! If you're so rude and impatient, you don't have to solve the case with me".
I didn't plan to throw such an big outrage on him, but it just all blurted out. I folded my arm and looked away from him. However, the moment after I said that, I regretted it.
Toki shifted his gaze away as through he was a little insulted, "You're right I don't understand...perhaps if I do have a family before I'll know what nonsense you're talking about".
He was making me speechless and ashamed of myself. After all that stuff he had said about me..and I just throw this one fit at him and he's going to act all hurt now? What happen to the countless time I was insulted?
Unexpectedly there was an awkward silence fell between us. Is he really going to get all angry?
"Toki?..." I stammered, hoping to break the uncomfortable tension.
Taking on his perspective, he did have an insanely depressing and pitiful past which might be the reason that shaped him as this cold and arrogant guy...perhaps I should've been more considerate and patient with him.
"I didn't mean too..yell at you", I muttered with guilt, "I'm..just overwhelmed ..and nervous".
What am I doing? How many time have I apologize to him already?
However, Toki didn't seem to take in my apology, "We should get going " he muttered. With that he brushed pass me and went out the shop.

 With that he brushed pass me and went out the shop