The Code

"She's awake! She's awake!"

I opened my eyes to see nothing but a blindingly bright blue. I felt a hand on my shoulder and my eyes snapped wide open.

"Where am I?" I asked, dazed. The last thing I could remember was a... dissolving hand?!

Okay, now I'm confused.

"You're in the code."

I looked up to see a tall boy around my age with brown hair, a red hoodie, denim jeans and red Converse.

The chibi.

I sat up, my mind still whirling, and looked up into his eyes. They were the most beautiful eyes I'd ever seen. I swear you could swim in them; as crystal clear and blue as the cleanest ocean.

"You okay there?"

I was pulled back into reality by his voice.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

"You just fell out of nowhere," he told me with a smile.

"Oh God... The program, my mouse, my hand...' I muttered. He looked down at me, worried.

Shit. My parents. What're they gonna think?!

I then realised I was floating, and looked around. The whole place was a deep blue, and zeros and ones flew around. Chunks of data were gathered nearby, along with my files. I attempted to get to my feet, but fell back.

Fuck. Am I just going to be sat here for the rest of my life?!

The boy held out his hand to help me up, and I gratefully took it. Then he pulled me up, and I just hovered. After I got used to it and had found my balance, he smiled at me.

" I never got your name."

"Becky. Becky Johnson."