Another Way Out

"Nice name," he grinned, his smile illuminating his face. I blushed shyly in reply, the words I can't speak pounding in my brain.

"Thanks..." I whisper in reply, taking in my surroundings. A few meters away, folders and images floated around in a large collection.

"Those are the files," the boy grinned. "Wanna see?"

I nod sheepishly, before something panged into my brain.

"I never caught your name."

"I'm Daniel," he replied with a mischievous smirk.

"Daniel...?" I trail off, waiting for a response.

"Daniel. I don't have a last name - it's not in my code. Though I suppose you could call me Daniel Coden."

With that, he took my hand and led me toward the files.

It was at that moment when I noticed the white feathered wings that sprouted from his back.

When we reached the files, I noticed that they were my files.

We make our way through the folders, and sometimes stop to examine or discuss them.

"What's this one?" Daniel asked, looking at a zipped, locked folder brandished with the word PRIVATE.

He reached a hand out toward the folder, and I quickly grabbed it.

"That's nothing," I chuckled nervously, hiding the file behind my back, blushing.

I then realised I was holding his hand, and quickly let go. My face was burning.

"Oh," Dan replied with a knowing smile. I yelped a little and covered the folder with my hands.