That Morning

A/N: Alright so this chapter is kind of long, I think they'll be shorter from here on out. I hope you like the story!

Jughead

Jughead's alarm blared for the third time and he rolled off his couch, he grabbed his phone and switched off the alarm with a groan as he wiped a hand down his face. His phone buzzed and he turned to it, the screen showed a text from Betty,

Betty: You up? Big day today.

Jughead bolted upright and muttered curses as he threw on clothes and grabbed his beanie and satchel, he had totally forgotten.

Today was the memorial.

Now that all the Black Hoods had been caught and the town finally seemed at peace, Hermione Lodge had decided that her first act as Mayor would be to organize a memorial for the victims of Riverdale, a wall of names in place of Colonel Pickens decapitated statue in Pickens Park. It was probably the first time Jughead had actually agreed with the new Mayor.

On top of that, Jughead and Betty had been asked to give a speech, presumably an act of good will from the Lodges. Jughead was skeptical at first, along with Veronica and Archie, but Betty viewed it as penance for what her father had done, and if it was important to Betty, then it was important to Jughead.

Jugheads phone buzzed again to show a message from his dad, he opened it and smiled so hard his jaw hurt

Dad: Hey kid, I talked to your mom. Hows about after this whole speech thing with Betty we head up to Toledo, spend winter break with Jellybean and everyone

Jughead couldn't help himself, he laughed, and then texted back

Jughead: That would be amazing dad

When Jughead stepped outside his trailer, Toni, Cheryl and Sweet Pea were waiting for him,

Jughead paused to grab his jacket, "Uh.. How long have you guys been out here?"

Cheryl bristled and threw her hair behind her shoulder, "Long enough for my feet to get first degree frostbite. Can we go?"

Jughead chuckled and pulled his Serpent jacket on, "Yes Cheryl, we can go"

Sweet Pea grinned, "Bet I can beat you girls there"

Toni and Cheryl gave each other a look, "You're on" They said in unison. Sweet Pea grinned wider and jumped on his bike, Toni grabbed Cheryl's hand and they climbed on Toni's bike, Cheryl behind Toni with her arms wrapped around the girls waist.

Sweet Pea paused a minute and looked to Jughead who sighed, "Just don't hit anyone?"

The three laughed and started their bikes,

"You got it Majesty"

Jughead shook his head at Toni's new nickname for him and watched them speed off.

He sat on his bike and pulled out his phone to text Betty before following his crew,

Jughead: On my way, and before you ask, we'll do fine.

On the way to Pickens Park Jughead smiled, they had been through a lot, him and his friends, heck all of Riverdale had, but him and his dad were closer than ever, things were great with Betty, he had made up with Veronica and him and Archie had started hanging out again. Things were good in Riverdale, for the first time in a while, things were really good.