One For Sorrow

A/N: Sorry it's been so long y'all, I lost motivation but you guys are great and keep reading and voting and telling me to update so HURRAH! I finally finished another chapter! Enjoy

A knock sounded at the door and Fred stood, setting down an old photo album. He ran a hand over his face and opened the door. Sheriff Manetta stood on the porch with a glare. Archie and Jughead stood behind him in handcuffs, their glares put the sheriffs to shame.

"I found these to rummaging around at the crime scene, disrupting a police investigation and destroying evidence" The Sheriff said, shoving the two boys forward.

"We were not destroying evidence!" Archie said defensively, shaking off Manetta's hand from his shoulder.

Jughead did the same, "If anyone was destroying evidence it was you, Hiram Lodge probably-"

"That's enough" Fred cut them off, he opened his door wider, "Was it really necessary to cuff them sheriff?"

Sheriff Manetta smirked and unlocked the handcuffs, "I'll let them off this time because of what's happened, this time" He walked back down the steps and got in his car, driving off.

Fred watched him go and then turned to the boys, "What the hell were you thinking?"

Archie shrugged, "We were trying to find clues, to help Betty"

Fred sighed and pulled them inside, "Listen to me, you are not the Hardy Boys. You can't go poking around crime scenes and expect to get away with it!"

Archie looked at the ground, "Sorry dad"

Jughead fixed his beanie, "Yeah, sorry Mr. Andrews"

"Come sit down" Fred walked to the couch and moved the photo album onto the coffee table, "I'll warm up some of that pizza from last night and then we're going to talk about this"

He left the room and Archie and Jughead sat down. The photo album caught Jughead's eye and he pulled it towards him, on the page it was open to were taped a bunch of pictures Jughead recognized as Archie's backyard. Running around in swimsuits were three kids, one redhead, one with jet black hair and one blonde,

"This was the Fourth of July like, ten years ago" Jughead mumbled.

Archie leaned over his shoulder, "Yeah! Wasn't that the year your dad blew up the grill?"

Jughead laughed quietly, "Too much propane.. your mom freaked and we all had to go inside"

"But when we all got inside no one could find Betty" Archie continued, he stared at the pictures, trying to remember what had happened, "I think they found her pretty fast... she-"

"She was hiding under the dining room table."

The boys looked up at Fred, standing in the doorway with a plate of pizza, "Alice got so shaken up over it, it took all of us, Jug's parents, me, Archie's mom, and even Hal to get her to let Polly and Betty watch the fireworks that night"

He chuckled and sat down next to them, handing each of them a piece. Jughead wasn't hungry, but he didn't really feel like telling Fred that.

Archie looked at Fred out of the corner of his eye, waiting for the lecture to start. He didn't have to wait long.

"Boys I know you're scared and angry and hurting, I get it. I really do, you kids mean a lot to this old geezer" He managed a smile, "But I can't be sitting around here worried about your safety on top of Betty's, on top of Tom's."

"I know dad, and we're sorry but-"

Fred shook his head, "I'm not going to stop you"

Jughead sat up, "You're not?"