Part 1

As I felt my body and mind slowly push out of the groggy sleep-filled state, I realized my surroundings were completely unfamiliar. Now that I was cautious about my new environment, I began to survey the area for any ideas as to me being here.

"OK Jim, we are in the forest. No sign of civilization." I said to myself, still unsure why I was here. As I glanced around I saw a large, wooden box about ten feet away from me on top of a polished, black table. When I got to the box, I heard a voice come from behind me. In a sudden jolt, I turned around to find the source of the voice coming from a very large, surly man. He stared down at me with an intensity that I had never seen on a man before.

"You got to open her up. To find out why we are both here." he said with a strong southern drawl.

So with his eyes boring into my back, I opened the box and went through its contents. Inside the box there was: a knife, a poncho, a small pistol with 4 bullets, and a flashlight. When I turned around the man handed me a note. The note said. "If you are reading this, it means you have been selected for my game. The game is simple: survive. The rules are as follows: #1. You must fight. #2. 5 minutes after you finish this letter, I will pursue you. #3. If I catch you, I will kill you."

As I pulled the letter down below my line of sight, I noticed that the man was carrying a hunting rifle over his shoulder and a pistol at his side. He looked at his watch and said. "The 5 minutes started 1 minute ago." That's when panic set in.

In a rush, I grabbed all the gear in the box and ran into the seemingly endless forest