Part 2

As I ran through the woods, I came up on a small cave. Seeing that as my only way of avoiding this man, I went to the very back of the cave, pulled out the gear and found the pistol. As I loaded the pistol, I tried to recall any enemies that resembled this man but none came to mind. Since my mind was clouded by the thought of my impending death, I didn't hear the footsteps until they were right above the cave. Then the man let out a guttural roar. "You know Jim, if you weren't so arrogant, none of this would be happening. You are the only reason that you're here. Don't you remember?" Shocked by this comment, I let out a shriek.

The man made his way into the cave and as he inched towards me, he lifted the rifle butt towards my face and everything went black.

As I drifted through a seemingly endless sleep, I tried to go through my thoughts to find this man, but the only thing I could remember was a time back in my childhood when my father got really angry and started hitting me with an aluminium baseball bat. Afterwards, I see my father angrily tossing me outside to think on my wrongdoings. The only reason I can remember this time so vividly is because of 2 separate things. One being that it was the last day I ever saw my father alive because he killed himself with his pistol. And I remember going into the house a few hours later and finding his door locked with a note taped to the door. The note read, "I'm deeply sorry for what I've done to you Jim. It's because of this and the thought of our relationship never being the same that I have left you alone in this world. I personally believe that growing up alone is better than growing up with me as your father."

Also that was the week that I met Kenny. Kenny was an only child that lived 2 doors down. He was 1 year younger than me. I met him right after my father's funeral, when he came over to pay his respects. After that we did everything together. Up until about my 19 birthday which was 5 years later, Kenny got extremely upset because I was leaving to go off to college 200 miles away. So Kenny ended up moving away and we haven't spoken since then. It's been about 30 years.

As I woke up I saw that I was in a large cabin strapped to a metal examination table...