Make You Feel My Love

She just got back from her week-end long impromptu vacation to Bali. To say she was exhausted was an understatement. Or was it really exhaustion?

Her vacation, to be frank, was not at all fun. Yes, she was able to see the beautiful beaches in Bali, explore its different tourists spots and discover some of its hidden wonders, but clearly, something was missing. She did try to ignore it, tried to have fun and to enjoy the company of her friends but who was she kidding? The only person she would really want to be with was not there.

Social media was no help either. Since photos and videos of her and her friends leaked online, twitter has been crazy (if not crazier) so she avoided checking her social media since this morning to detoxify from any negative vibes from bashers.

She sighed, feeling the unsettling knot on her stomach, again, for the nth time since she boarded the plane this morning. However, she chose to ignore it because exhaustion is kicking in; she just wants to lay on her bed the rest of the day, not minding anything in the world - just to feel the rare silence and privacy she's been deprived of since this whole showbiz fiasco.

She dragged herself to the bedroom, took a quick shower, and changed into her most comfortable pajamas and... his shirt that she found in her closet. She didn't know what got into her (or maybe she does because really, she just miss the guy... so much) but once she saw his last remaining shirt on her closet, she just had to wear it.

She lay on the bed, surrounded by nothing but complete darkness in her condo unit. She's alone, yes, but she took comfort in the idea of finally having her much needed me time.

Looking up at the ceiling, she thought of many things about recent events in her life, but top of the list is the... break up. (Or was it really a break up when she was the only one who initiated and agreed to it?)

She was thinking whether or not her decision was right. Was she wrong to give up the only man who ever made her feel like she was the most beautiful girl in the world? Like she was the only right thing that happened in his life?

Okay —- her thoughts should stop right there. She was just trying to do what's best for them. Right now, that - he and she - was not. Maybe someday though.

She's already close to falling asleep when her phone rang on high volume, startling her.

She mentally cursed at the caller.

Jesus, can't she have a decent sleep and rest at least just for this vacation?

She reached for her phone on her bed side table, and answered the phone without even looking who the caller is.

She mumbled groggily, "-Lo?"

"M-meng?" It's Coleen.

"Oh?"

"M-meng..." Coleen's voice cracked.

She automatically opened her eyes at the sound of her sister's voice. Her heart thumped faster and louder and the unsettling feeling on her stomach came back, full force.

She sat up on her bed, frantic she asked, "Coleen? Bakit? May problema ba?"

"Nag... nag t-twitter k-ka na b-ba?" Coleen was acting strange. She seemed eerily calm now but their was still something off about her.

"Uh- hindi pa. Trying to sleep." She answered, running a finger down her hair.

"M-meng... k-kase..." Coleen can't seem to bring herself to tell her whatever it is she is trying to tell her when her other phone rang. The phone she uses for work.