• nineteen •

V sighed when he was finally able to sit. The gang had managed to hotwire some cars at the side of the road.

There were three cars in total, so Baekhyun decided to take Namjoon, Hoseok and Jimin with him. Seokjin had to go with Chanyeol and Sehun and Yoongi. Jungkook and V being alone again. It seemed as if Sehun planned the whole thing out cause he really insisted on taking Yoongi and Seokjin.

Jungkook was the one driving cause V couldn't control the gas and break pedals. Jungkook drove the car behind the two other that were going ahead, the drivers being Chanyeol and Baekhyun who were excellent in driving.

"Are they driving fast or are you slow?" Asked V when he noticed that they were lacking behind.
"Dunno" Jungkook said coldly.
"Jungkook hurry up will ya?" V asked and Jungkook gave a shrug and sped up a little.
"What's up with you today?" V finally asked and Jungkook gave him a side ways glance and shrugged.

"Why are you asking that" Jungkook asked coldly.
"No..I mean... usually you are cheerful and stuff but...today.. you seem off?" V said with uncertainty in his voice.
"I'm fine V" Jungkook said; gripping harder on the stirring wheel,"You should stop being nosey"

V's left eye twitched.

"Mom why do you seem so sad?"
"Mom?" "Mommy?" "Eomma!"
"Shut up! You should stop being nosey"

"Sorry" He said coldly and looked at the road ahead. Jungkook glanced at the older and then back ahead.

He didn't want the older to get angry at him but Jimin was right, V had no feelings for Jungkook ,like he did.

"V..." Jungkook asked after sometime and the older hummed.
"If we weren't involved in this shit, do you think we all would have met?" Jungkook asked and V seemed surprised by the question cause it took him some while to speak again.
"I don't know.." He said finally,"If we were supposed to be together, we would have been"
"Will you keep contact with us after this is over" Jungkook spoke again and V shrugged.
"No Jungkook" V said bitterly,"I'm not supposed to keep contact with anyone who was part of a mission with me"
"Oh..." Was all the male had said and then fell silent.

***

Jimin sat beside V when they had set up their camp at night. Daegu was not that far away now but everyone was tired from the driving the whole day but they had to leave the cars behind.

"For how long have you served in the army?" Jimin asked trying to pick out a conversation with the quiet male. V looked up and pressed his lips together and tried to think.

"Six years..?" V said after sometime and went back to clicking safety locks on his guns.
"Hey, what's up with you army men not talking much?" Jimin asked.
"I don't get it" V said and looked at Jimin with a raised eyebrow.

"I mean you guys don't joke or talk around much like us" Jimin said and V gave a nod,"Does it makes you a badass?"

"Maybe" V said with a amused expression.
"Oh so like in movies when a real badass meets the other one then don't talk but just nod. Like he wants to say—I won't talk cause I'm a badass and I'm sure you are a badass too—is it how it works?"

V barked a laugh, it was warm and Jimin felt as if someone poured honey and maple syrup on him.
"I don't know" V said between his chuckles and Jimin smiled at the male.

"And you must be having those wired things from which you need to crawl through" Jimin said,"Has it ever happened that it hit someone's ass?"

V only laughed harder and gave a nod of his head.
"Oh yes and the person was screaming for three hours straight" He said and Jimin giggled.

"What do you call a famous shellfish?" Asked Seokjin out of nowhere as he sat beside V.
"I don't know" V said and shook his head.
"A shellebrity!" Seokjin said let out his iconic laugh and V laughed at the sound, his legs going weak from all the laughter and eyes blurred with tears.

"Damn it hyung it's not funny" Yoongi said with a scowl and Seokjin huffed.
"Says the Grandpa" Seokjin sneered and Yoongi gave glare and Seokjin innocently looked away.

"He really is a grandpa" Seokjin whispered into V's ear and the male chuckled.

"Hey but listen!" Namjoon said suddenly.
"What?" Jungkook asked him.
"Is penguin a bird? Cause is doesn't flies" Namjoon said and Jungkook rolled his eyes.
"Damn it hyung and you have a IQ of Gods" He sneered and Namjoon flicked the forehead of the younger.

"And from where did penguins came from?" V asked with a smile on his lips.
"Antarctica!" Jimin said and everyone started laughing at the black haired.

Baekhyun who was sitting at a distance smiled that the laughing younger and sighed in pleasure when he heard the warm laugh after such a long time.

"Bless these kids" Chanyeol's voice filled his ears and Baekhyun gave a nod and looked over V who had his head rested on Seokjin's shoulder and his eyes crinkled from the wide box smile. It was good to see that Seokjin and V were finally getting along with each other.

"I almost forgot that V can smile without completing his mission" Sehun added and the two nodded in agreement.
"I'm glad that he is letting himself be a kid for once" Chanyeol said and the two rested their head on the brown head's shoulder and agreed. Chanyeol smiled and wrapped his arms around the two and pulled them closer, he was glad he had this family. A family that won't leave his side ever.