Chapter 8

ARTEMIS POV:

As I watched the only man I have ever loved charge at my father there was only one thing I could think of to do. I quickly flashed over to him as my father reared back to throw the master bolt and grabbed his shoulder and flashed back to his throne as the bolt finally reached its target just a split second after I left.

"PERSEUS JACKSON! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?" I screamed.

PERCY POV:

As I continued to run towards Zeus I noticed that he no longer had the master bolt in his hand at the same time I felt a small hand on my shoulder and my nose was filled with a familiar forest scent before I found myself beside Artemis's throne.

"PERSEUS JACKSON! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?" she screamed at me whilst smacking me upside the head.

"Oh hi Arty." I replied sheepishly

"HI ARTY I JUST SAVED YOUR LIFE AND ALL YOU CAN SAY WAS HI ARTY, WHAT IN UNCLE'S NAME WERE YOU THINKING ATTACKING HIM!"

Just watching her scream at me she was beautiful the way her silver eyes flashed in anger as she looked me up and down searching for injuries.

"HE ATTACKED POSEIDON AKA MY DAD WHY WOULDN'T I TRY TO TAKE THE BASTARD DOWN?" I screamed unintentionally back at her.

I could see her trying to calm down as we had the entire council staring at us at this point.

"He is still much more powerful than you are I mean look at where you were just standing." She said semi-calmly. I turned and did as she said and indeed there was a huge burnt spot on the ground where I had been running at Zeus and at this point even though I hadn't noticed it Poseidon had woken back up and Athena was crying into his chest.

I turned to look at Zeus who now had Hades and Hephaestus struggling to hold him in his throne while everyone else recovered from what had just occurred slowly Poseidon stood before turning to look at Zeus.

"Zeus what you have done this time is unacceptable and because of it I declare war on you!" and with that the throne room was thrown into chaos as each God tried to gain control of the throne room to either declare their allegiances or in Hestia's case try to diffuse the situation.

Zeus sat on his throne trying to decide his course of action if war were to break out he could end up no longer King so he tried to gauge his allies. Hera, Ares, Hephaestus, Aphrodite, Apollo, Artemis, and Demeter were who he knew he could count on Finally Hestia made the flames of the hearth erupt which caused everyone to instantly quiet down.

"Enough." She said, "If you want to dissolve into war then let everyone declare his or her sides." Everyone quieted down and the circle around the throne room began. It began with Ares

"I side with Zeus." He said Next was Hephaestus

"I will side with Poseidon." At this Zeus's eyes bulged out of his head a bit how could his own son side against him? Next, were Artemis and Apollo. Apollo looked as if was about to open his mouth when Artemis was quicker.

"I side with Poseidon." She stated I beamed at her as she stole a quick glance at me and I could've sworn I saw her blush.

At this Zeus was outraged. "WHY ARE YOU SIDING WITH HIM ARTEMIS?!" He screamed.

"The moon and the tides will always be together." She stated.

At this I know I saw her blush and I began to as well because I started to believe that maybe just maybe she had feelings for me.

The rest of the Gods seemed to go along as everyone would think they would. The only real surprises were Apollo, Hades, and Hestia siding with Poseidon.

ARTEMIS POV:

After everyone picked their sides I was still in shock about what I had said to my father about why I had picked Poseidon's side now he was going to go nuclear not one but two of his daughters had feelings for Poseidon and his son. I stopped thinking about that however because he couldn't control me I had feelings for Percy and there was nothing that he could do about it.

PERCY POV:

As the meeting drew to a close everyone got up to leave and it was at that point that Zeus chose to strike. He jumped up and launched his master bolt at Dad while his back was turned. I was prepared for this however and jumped in front of the bolt and it struck me in the chest. The last thing I heard was the Gods allied with Dad screaming my name and Artemis standing over me then everything went black.

ARTEMIS POV:

As I watched my father launch his bolt I saw the unthinkable happen Percy jumped in front of the bolt and took it for his father. I screamed his name and ran over to him I know I was the last thing he saw as his eyes closed. Poseidon and hades began to fight Ares and Zeus while I was volleying arrows as fast as I could at Demeter and Hera. Apollo flashed Percy down to Atlantis to begin to work on him. Once Apollo was gone the rest of us quickly followed suit.

POSEIDON POV:

After we flashed down to Atlantis all I could think about was checking on my son. I flashed into the infirmary in my palace and quickly found Apollo draining his power into Percy we were quickly joined by the rest of the Gods and Apollo began to shout orders

"Hades I need you to anchor his soul to his body or we will lose him, Poseidon and Hestia you two have the best healing powers for him since he is your son and champion so start helping him."

Everyone rushed to do as they were told and Artemis sat in a chair next to Percy holding his hand and crying.

ARTEMIS POV:

I was holding Percy's hand as the others worked. I was crying what if I never got to tell Percy how I felt? Then my worst nightmare happen the heart monitor started making one long beep.

A/N Another chapter down guys! I am actually looking for someone to help with the story or even beta for me so if you are interested please PM me.

Until then please Read and Review

jacobbodosky