Cliff

Elliot had known Scott for as long as he could remember. They had been best friends since they started walking, played on the same rec baseball team as kids, hunted for frogs in the neighborhood creek. The two used to sneak out of their houses, grab supplies and camp out in the woods behind Elliot's house. They were known as inseparable and were practically brothers. In 6th grade when Alex Kimble stoke Elliot's lunch, both Scott and Elliot beat him and his buddies up after school. Even during middle school when best friends have a tendency to drift apart, Elliot and Scott remained as the closest friends. It seemed like no matter the obstacle In front of them, nothing could break apart their friend ship. Despite their differences in personality, Scott was loud, friendly, and always quick to introduce himself, Eliot was more reserved, calm, collected, and creative, they always had each other's backs.

So when Elliot sat in the back of Scott's car while some stranger took the front seat, it was a bit odd to him. He wasn't mad about it, but more surprised.

The car was blaring some new rap song that Elliot had heard on the radio and the speakers of kids who walked down the hallway blaring it, usually ending up being sent to the assistant principles office as a result. The ginger in shotgun bobbed his head up and down and sang the words as if he knew the song from heart. The two guys in the seat behind Elliot were making a scene. Singing at the top of their lungs and banging of the seats in front of them, causing Elliot's seat to vibrate.

Elliot pretended to enjoy himself, occasionally letting out little laughs and wearing a fake smile at the same time.

Sam's car rolled along the country side road leading out of Bexley and into the forest that surrounded to the town. They drove for about five minutes, until Sam made a hard right turn into a dirt road. Scott followed close behind and so did the two cars behind them. This dirt road weaved through what seemed to be a hiking spot, until it cleared up into a large dirt area that was used to park your car.

It was around eight and it was a school night so there wasn't any other cars around. Sam rolled to a stop and parked his car. Scott and the others did the same.

Quickly, everyone began to pile out of their cars and pop their trunks. Sam pulled about six cases of beer from his trunk and began handing them to people.

"Don't open em until we get to the quarry, alright?" Sam stated to everyone.

"Gotcha dude" snarked the long legged ginger as he grabbed one beers out of the case that he was holding.

Sam slugged him on the arm playfully. "Come on man.".

Everyone began to make their way to the hiking trail.

A couple minutes passed and the group had settled into an easy pace. A lot of the guys were bouncing about with beer bottles in hand, joking with the girls of the group. Scott was up towards the front of the group making conversation with Sam and his girlfriend. Elliot hung back, flooded with social anxiety he didn't know any of these people. He kept his head low and stayed quiet for a majority of the hike.

Questions ran through his mind, about the drone he had seen earlier and whether or not he was going to be home on time. But in the midst of his thoughts the a familiar face approached him. It was the girl from earlier, she had jet black hair, beautiful green eyes that glittered in the night, and freckles dotted the bridge of her nose. She was shorter, about five foot four. She had a warm and gorgeous face that gave Elliot a sense of peace.

"You seem to be enjoying yourself" she stated sarcastically now walking side by side with Elliot.

"Yeah these things really aren't my thing" Elliot responded, stumbling over his words.