Chapter One

Avera sat on her bed reading over some book about her current world. She always did, she was very up to speed on what was going on with the Vampires and their partnership with the government. How they freely killed people to decrease the rising population after it reached it's maximum high years ago.

She thought the idea was sick, the vampires could feed off anyone they please because it seemed like a fair trade to the bastards running her twisted world.

Vampires got blood to survive, the government held the population under control without even doing anything.

It was sick, Avera hated the stupid law that had come to be, vampires being able to kill anyone older than the age of 15 because it "bettered the Earth"

Though Avera never came face to face with a vampire, man did she have some words for them. She wasn't fearless, she knew they could take her life, her being 18. To her, she wasn't a person to coward away from what se believed in. After being locked away in what her mom called a "safe house" deep in the woods with her older brother, Blake, who was 19 almost 20, all Avera did was read about politics and vampires and everything to fill her head with as much knowledge as she possibly could.

Their mother stopped by at least once a month to drop off supplies because she would not risk her kids leaving the safe house. It was risky, she knew it, but she'd die for her kids.

"Avera," Blake called from the kitchen.

She shuffled to her feet and removed her large reading classes before placing her book down near her bed on the nightstand.

She walked to the kitchen where she saw Blake already seated with a bowl of soup infront of him, another beside him.

She walked in the kitchen, they didn't speak. They always wanted to break the silence, long silences usually fell upon them, for they had lived with eachother all their life never doing anything but hiding and keeping out of the public eye. They knew every detail about eachother and nothing really was ever to be spoken about. They didn't have a television or any source to the outside world so they couldn't speak about that either.

Avera sipped her soup, wanting to talk about her reading, but every time she brought it up her brother hushed her. He didn't want to nor did he plan to ever need that knowledge that Avera aimlessly enjoyed because he never planned to ever come face to face with anybody ever except his mother and sister.

He played by the rules, if only Avera had the same state of mine.

-----

Okay so I don't think I'm going to continue to write in third person, maybe once in a while... but I'm use to writing in POV.

Let me know what you think and please remember to

VOTE.

Next chapter will be up asap(;

this is quick and small, more of a prologue than a chapter but whatever you know. #noragrets 😈