Black wings Part two

Just as i was about to take off and fly up to the nest to relax and maybe take a nap i heard the door open and before i would hide my wings i saw keith there. "Lance? what are you do-" he was cut short when he saw his wings. A little of confusion and almost horrified came acorss his face.

I just looked in pure horror as i looked back at keith. Not know what he would say or do. This is it. This was it.

Lance's pov

Keith and I just stared at each other in shock. Horror and shock for me.

It felt like hours past but it was probably just a few seconds. 

Finally Keith broke the silence....

"L-lance...? Are those what I think they are?" he asked me. CRAP. What was i going to say? Got to think of something fast.

"Wh-what? Oh... N-no of course not! I actually have brown wings but the thing is.... i found paint for something and when i was trying to put it back it spilt everywhere! Getting all over my wings.... You should have been there.... it was... funny?" I respond back to him. Wow good job Lance. You sounded so convincing.

The expression on Keith's face showed me that he didn't believe me in the slightest. Crap, I was so fucked.  I looked at keith ready for me to start yelling. He was going to tell everyone. They were all going to yell at me. Well better say bye to Blue as I wont be a paladin anymore. 

"Lance.... Im not stupid I know you are not telling the truth" He stated. 

I did a small frown and took a deep breath. Well i was ready better just get this over with. 

"Just get it over with" I told him.

"what?"

"You know! I have black wings. You know so why don't you go and tell everyone else and get me kicked off the team?"

"What?"

"Have me arrested or something. I don't know. Im technically a demon right?" I was started to get a little confused as to why he wasn't doing somethinh

"what? Lance why do you think i would do that just because you have black wings?"

I stared at him. Was he joking? No he didn't seem to be kidding or anything. Maybe he already alerted the others and he was trying to stall me till they could come up behind me! Or something like that.

"You're joking right?"

Keith shook his head looking at me. I notice that he was slowly up to me. My first thought was to walk backwards but I didn't. 

"Lance i wouldn't that. Besides i don't even believe all that crap about having black wings and being evil or what not. After all you are the nicest person on this ship. If anyone should have black wings it would be me. Is this why you never came with us to fly or to the nest?"

I nodded my head a little. I also disagree with both of the things he said. First of all Hunk and the nicest on the ship and he should not have black wings. He's nice in his own way after all. 

I noticed by now keith was in arm length. I was almost ready for him to jump me but he didn't. Instead he had a sad expression on his face as he saw my wings. Right my wings. They were out in the open. I was starting to get a little embarrassed. I could tell he was looking at them. But the expression he had wasn't desust or anything like that but instead... Wonder? Awe? 

All of a sudden he slowly gave me a hug. His hands luckily not touching my wings but he was doing that on purpose if i had to guess. 

"Lance, im sorry you couldn't trust us enough to show us. I should've known something was up. God i feel bad... We were all betting if you even had wings. After all, that's why we never pushed you because we thought that you didn't have any so that's why we never pushed you to join us" Keith explained. 

I did a small sigh, trying not to cry. I slowly hugged him back. I felt Keith tense a little but he didn't move away. Well he wasn't really a person who showed affection so hugging was most likely a new thing to him. Wow, look at me... teasing him a little when hes trying to be nice to me. 

"Thanks keith.... For you know not freaking out" I said to him as i pulled away from the hug.

Keith shook his head softly "No need to thank me. Just being a decent person. A decent person wouldn't hate someone just because of the color of their wings. Its like blaming someone for their hair color! Its kind of stupid" 

I did a small smile. 

This is definitely not how i though this would happen but it was way better and i felt so happy being with them.

"a-are you going to tell the rest?" I asked. After all just because he didn't react bad didn't mean the others would be as nice as them. Plus, I just dont think im ready to tell them but i may not have a choice is keith is going to tell them. 

"No! Course not. Unless you want me too? This is your things so i dont think i even have the right" He responded with

"Sorry... i dont think im ready to tell the others" I said bitting my lip softly. He nodded his head at what i said.

"Okay, i get it. Dont worry i wont tell them. Plus Lance, they also wouldn't act horrible and if they did well.... Never mind i will make sure that never happens" 

I smiled softly again. 

"Okay thanks Keith. Ill tell them when im ready"

He seemed to accept this answer

"Well.... i know you wont fly with us but at least and come hang out? And also after we are done im washing and taking care of your wings! They look horrible. How could someone like you who cares so much about your face do this to your wings?" He said in a small sigh

I did a small laugh. He did have a point though it kind of hurt a little but he didn't mean any harm.  Plus getting my wings cleaned and everything sounds amazing honestly.

"Alright sounds like a plan" 

Keith smiled, waiting till i put my stuff back on hiding my wings again. He then took my hand softly in his and began to walk out of the nest room. And i follow him.

Maybe this wont be so bad

maybe.....