Chapter Eleven

*Alec's POV*

"So how long are you going to avoid him?" Izzy asked as I silenced my phone and placed it on my nightstand. Sitting up, I sighed and swung my legs over the side of the bed.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I mumbled, my hand rubbing eyes and I hung my head. My eyes were glued on the throw rug that sat underneath my feet.

"You can't keep doing this, big brother." The bed shifted as she sat down next to me and her arm hugged my shoulder. "Alec, I know this is all new but you have to trust me when I say nothing is ever going to make sense in life. Not unless you take the risk and don't let anything stop you."

I rolled my eyes, but instinctively, I rested my head on her shoulder. My phone vibrated for the third time, moving closer to the edge with each vibration. Before it finally hanging over the edge and tumbled towards the floor. My hand shot out and it landed in the palm of my hand.

The screen lit up, notifying me that I had, yet, another missed call. But I noticed that they weren't from Magnus. They were from our mom and dad.

"That doesn't look like a good sign." Izzy muttered and jumped to her feet. I quickly followed after her as we ran out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~

"How long has he been missing?" I demanded, slamming my hand on the table in frustration when no one answered. My eyes were locked on our parents, who showed no signs of other emotions other than concern and worry.

"We have no idea." Robert simply answered.

"I saw him last night, so he must have not gotten too far." Izzy said. Out of the corner of my eye; I saw her go to turn around and my hand shot out, my fingers wrapping around her arm.

"Izzy." I said, and she looked at me with that look in her eye. The same look that Jace had when he found Simon on the rooftop, after the explosion that happened after Lilith was hit with the Mark of Cain.

Tears welled in her eyes and the look was replaced with determination. "I have to find Simon, Alec."

"We will, we have shadowhunters searching the city as we speak." Maryse said and I sighed.

"They will find him." I said, but I knew deep down that it wouldn't be that easy.

Izzy bowed her head and my hand dropped from her arm, taking it's original place at my side. "I can't lose him too. We've already lost Clary and who knows what awful things that she must be going through right now. I don't want the same fate for Simon. Not after we just got him back after he was changed back into a human."

She looked back up at me and automatically my arms wrapped around her, pulling her close. "We will find him." I vowed as I gently rubbed her back as she cried silently into my shoulder.

"We will find him." I whispered, resting my chin on her shoulder.

~~~~~~~~

*Sebastian's POV*

Sebastian. I'm here child. Her voice flowed into my mind as I fell asleep. We have to get Clary to trust us.

How do we do that? I turned around in the white room. Seeing nothing, no walls, no windows, nothing but white around me.

We have to get her to be scared of Jace.

We can't. She loves him more than anything in the world. More. Than. Me. I felt tears gather in my eyes. I can't believe she resents me.