Chapter Two

Nicolette’s POV:

Great I thought. It's I spent all day at school hearing about how "hot" and "sexy" they are, but no now I'm actually here face to face with them. It's not like I hate them, but it gets annoying hearing all their fans squeal and scream about them. I honestly like their music just not them. They’re just another boy band with 5 arrogant teenagers thinking that they’re all that.

"Yea. I'm guessing you’re a fan then if you know who we are!" Harry said with a huge grin on his face.

"Harry, all the girls at my school is obsessed with you guys. It’s kinda hard not to know you guys. I honestly had no idea who you guys were a few minutes ago."

"Uh huh…….. Well then we'll make sure you don't forget us then!” Harry winked.

I rolled my eyes and quickly stole a glance at Niall. His eyes were wide and were staring right at me. I felt uncomfortable. I felt like he was trying to look into my soul. My thoughts were interrupted by an ear piercing scream.

“Ahhhhhh!” Louis screamed. “MY CARROT!!!!!”

I rolled my eyes and watched as Louis took out his broken carrot out of his pocket. I gave Liam a look.

“He’s uh very sensitive about his carrots…..” Liam said while shaking his head at Louis.

I looked at each of the guys as they laughed at Louis. Liam just stood there shaking his head in disappointment. They were all cute, but I think I liked Niall the best. Wait why am I saying this. I don’t even like them. They’re probably 5 teenage boys who flirt with every girl they see. That’s probably why they’re in a boy band in the first place. It’s just to get girls. But there was something about his golden hair and blue eyes that make my stomach flutter. Why am I thinking about him like this?

To distract me from all this thinking, I looked at my watch to see that it was already 4. I need an excuse to get away from these guys. I thought for a minute before I got an idea.

“Uh hey guys I gotta go. I have to go to the store to pick a few things up. I’ll see you around I guess?”

“Okay bye!” says four of the boys.

I was about to skate away when a person grabbed my arm.

“Wait Nicolette. Can I have your number?” says an Irish accent. I looked up Niall and smiled.

“Uh….. I don’t have a phone.” I said awkwardly shifting my weight.

“Really?” Niall said shocked. “Well I’ll buy you a phone if you want.”

“Uh no thanks Niall……uh……what’s your last name?” I asked.

“Horan”

“I don’t need a phone but thanks for the offer Horan. Gotta go!” I said quickly before I gave him a chance to say anything.

Great now I can live my normal life knowing that I’ll never see them again.

Niall’s POV:

Lakewood High School. That’s the school Nicolette goes to. It was written on her T-shirt. I turned around and walked back to the boys.

“Did you strike out mate?” Zayn said patting me on my back.

I chuckled. “No she didn’t have a phone.”

The lads’ mouths dropped. “What kind of teenager doesn’t have a phone?!?!” Louis screeched.

“Apparently her.” I said simply. “I think I’ll just give her on old phone of mine for her to use.”

“Ooh does someone fancy the skater girl?”Liam said nudging me.

I smiled. “No she’s pretty, I will admit that, but I don’t think that I fancy her.”

“Yeah yeah whatever you say mate. I can just tell you that you’re going to fall for her.” Harry winked at me.

I blushed and studied my shoes.

“What? Nialler don’t get hurt okay. Make sure that she’s…”

“Don’t worry about it Zaynie!” Louis interrupted throwing his arm over Zayn’s shoulders. “I’m sure Nialler can look after himself. He’s a big boy now.” He said winking at me.

Zayn looked at Louis skeptically. “Yeah you’re probably right.” He said sighing in defeat.

Our manager Paul came up to us. “Alright lads you’re done shooting for the music video today. So you can head back to the flat if you like. Great job today and come back the same time tomorrow.”

“Oh and Paul, don’t we have to go to a school tomorrow for a performance?” Liam asked.

“Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me Liam, but here’s the catch.” Paul said looking into our eyes. “We’re going to be staying here in New York for 8 months. So I have arranged Niall, Harry, and Liam to attend school here. As for Louis and Zayn they will be staying at the flat.”

Harry and I groaned at the thought of school. “Why do we have to go back to school?” Harry whined.

“Oh quit your whining.” Paul chuckled. “I thought you guys might want high school diplomas in case you want to quit the music business for something normal.”

“What school are we going to attend?” Liam asked excitedly. Psh nerd… Just kidding!

“Hmmmmm let me check real quick. “ Paul pulled out his phone and started tapping it. “Seems like you guys are going to attend Lakewood High.”

I snapped my head up. “Lakewood High School!!!” I exclaimed.

“Yea is that a problem? I can always switch you guys.”

“NO!” I interrupted Paul making him jump. “I mean no. That’s fine.”

“Good” Paul said before walking away.

The lads all stared at me “What?” I asked innocently.

“Don’t pretend like you didn’t just yell at Paul.” Zayn said suspiciously. “What was that all about?”

“Uh it was nothing. Just excited for school!” I lied. “Let’s go back to the flat.” I said.

“Okay….” Zayn said unconvinced. “Let’s go back. Ready lads?”

We all nodded and headed towards our flat.