1. Fever

ANNIKA

Annika once again looked at her watch, wondering if time is really moving forward or stuck in front of a wall just like her mind. When you are happy it moves forward like a train. When you're sad it will be like a snail. And when you are waiting for something so desperately it feels like it doesn't move at all. She wants to be at her home as soon as possible. Then she can get ready and go for her work. Yes, then she can go to Oberoi mansion, where he is. Even the thought of meeting him brought a smile to her face. But it vanished as the memories of last weekend made an entry. I am his wedding planner. I should not have any feelings for him. There is nothing between us. No no, there is, HATE. He hates you Annika. HE HATES YOU. She closed her eyes shut; she doesn't want to think about him. But the only thing comes to her mind is his face, his voice. She hated him. But she hates herself for not being able to hate him now.  She is sitting beside an old lady. The vibration of her mobile brought her out to the world around her.  It is Chanda.

Annika : Hello

Chanda : Annika, how are you feeling. Are you alright?

Annika : ha... You don't have to worry dear. It is just a cold. I will be fine soon.

She has not been feeling well for two days, cold and throat pain, now it feels like a fever. She will be reaching the station at 11 pm. Sitting at the window side she tried to get some sleep. But whenever she closed her eyes his face is the only thing she could see. What the hell is happening to me? She wondered. Just then her mobile started vibrating. Who is calling me that too at midnight? She took her mobile from her bag. A single glance on the caller name, a shiver ran down her spine. Mobile almost fell down from her trembling hands.

SSO calling

SHIVAAY

As he sat beside his brothers he felt relieved to some extent. As usual, Rudy is blabbering about his love angel. I am trying to listen to what Rudy is saying. But the word love angel reminds a certain girl. ANNIKA. She has gone to meet her friend Chanda, as she is hospitalized. It's been four days no message, no call, irresponsible girl. Yes its daadi who appointed her, as the wedding planner, but her employer is me. It's me for whom she is working. She should have called me and informed about the absence. Instead, she called Daadi, she even called Omru, Prinku, Saumya and mom but not me. Why am I thinking about her? She is just an employee. Someone I hate. Someone who hates me. Do I really hate her? NO. But she hates you the most Shivaay. I have to divert my mind he whispered.  Omru looked up at him with a questioning face. Om has a smirk on his face. Is he teasing me? Can he read my mind, no! Nodding in a no he stood up and walked straight to his room. He is not at all interested in their rapid fire. He couldn't control any longer. Daadi said that she is coming back tonight in train, alone.  It is my responsibility to check whether she is safe or not, he told himself. He took his mobile and dialed her number. But she is not picking the call. Pagal ladki he thought. It is then he noticed the time, 10 pm, maybe she is sleeping. As he is about to cut the call he heard a hello.

My heart skipped a beat. What happened to her voice?

Shivaay : Annika, are you okay?? What happened to your voice?

He is impatiently waiting for her reply and she is silent.

Shivaay : Annikaaa..

Annika : ha billuji...mmm... I'm okay. It is just... Just a cold and sore throat.

Shivaay : had any medicines??

(Silence)

Shivaay : Annika, are you there. I asked you something.