What's my Name?

We live in a world where we are told that we can become anything under the sun, be whomever we want, so why did I get punished for wanting to be a star.

They told me that I should be realistic, someone like me can never be anything more than what my grades dictate. They told me that my dream was silly that I was being a child, they told me this when I was ten.

Telling a child that they can't be the only thing that they know how to be is devastating to me. Telling them they can't dream. Can't imagine a better life is worse than death because at least in death no one questions why you aren't smiling anymore.

I was not allowed to be a child because my dreams for a better future was silly to them and i was told that I was going to be nothing if I had such a mindset.

To them being a star meant to not be anything.

To be useless.

To be no one.

They told me that I can be anything under the Sun but apparently our Sun is not a star.

When they restricted me was when I decided that I would do everything in me to become a star, and so this is a story of no one, of nothing, of drifting through something called life, aimlessly and with grace that scares most.

I can only beg of you to listen to the shadows singing, to the moon's whispering, to each other because this is not just my story but yours too.

I ask of you now, give me a name, anything under the sun, and let's see if at the end of this story you still agree with the name you chose.

And then question your own.