three

a/n: hi short and to the point chapter

shout out to olivia for actually motivating enough with her comment to actually write this chapter ((i was in a shitty mood)) ily babe

also sorry this is so late, i had major writers block and when I finally got around to writing, a boy texted me and i mean come on it was a boy what do u want me to say

I stared at them in disbelief, trying not to let my jaw drop to the floor. Luke looked dazed while Calum stared at me with wide eyes.

"How could you possibly-" I paused, not knowing what to say. I tried again, "I didn't tell anyone. How could you know?"

"Jake told us," I furrowed my brows. What the hell? "He's been sent into a mental ward and he mailed us a letter telling us what he did to you. Lissa, I'm so-"

"Give me the letter." Luke immediately pulled out a crumpled piece of paper from his back pocket, straightening it out on his knee before handing it to me. His hands were shaking.

Luke,

I know what you're doing to Elisabeth and I need you to stop. It's not her fault. That night, last year, I went crazy. She was trying to help me, but I kept pushing her away. I was drunk and I hurt her. I hit her, Luke.

I left her bruises and scars, but she stayed with me that night anyway. She told me she loved me and I just couldn't do it anymore. I hurt her physically and emotionally and I feel terrible. Don't blame her, Luke. She doesn't deserve it.

Tell her I love her, okay?

-Jake

I felt like my heart was ready to jump out of my chest and it was getting harder and harder breathe. He didn't tell them and I almost felt relieved.

"Lis," Luke said quietly. I looked up at him-his eyes were red and he was biting down on his lip hard enough that blood came out. "I'm so sorry, Lissa. I don't know what to say or do to make you feel better, but I'm just so sorry. I shouldn't have treated you that way, you're my baby sister for fuck's sake, I shouldn't have-" I cut him off,

"It's okay, Luke. I forgive you." His brows furrowed and his eyes searched mine. He hesitantly walked towards me and stuck his arms out. I came towards him cautiously, but I couldn't help but just wrap my arms around him.

He shook in my arms and I could hear his heartbeat beating rapidly in his chest. Right now, I didn't really care that Jake had lied to them. I didn't care that Luke wouldn't know every excruciating detail of what happened that night. I didn't want him to know.

"I won't ever let him near you again, I promise." He squeezed me tighter.

"He's an asshole and I never thought he deserved someone as great as you." Calum muttered, locking eyes with me. I felt my cheeks go hot. "I mean it, Lis." I nodded and smiled softly.

Calum left a few minutes later, telling us he'd be back tomorrow. Luke and I sat on the couch, each curled up on either side with nothing to say. He kept biting down on his lip and clenching his fists together. He didn't look angry, but I felt like he was. Finally, he spoke.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I shrugged,

"I didn't want to," he furrowed his brows. "I was afraid." He raised an eyebrow.

"You were petrified?" I rolled my eyes, smiling.

"Shut up, Luke." He chuckled, looking down at his lap.

"Does Ashton know?" he asked quietly. I shook my head and he furrowed brows. "What about Michael?" I shook my head again. "You should tell them."

"I can't get Ash involved with my personal shit, he'd go insane and go on some murder rampage. As for Michael, doesn't want anything to do with me. I'm nothing to him."

"But he loved you, didn't he?"

"Yeah, loved. It's all past tense," I bit on the inside of my cheek, hoping to distract myself from the pain rising in my stomach. My voice cracked, "He doesn't care about me anymore."

"Lis," Luke scooted next to me, putting an arm around my shoulder. "Maybe if he realizes it's not your fault, he'll let up. I know Michael, he'd do anything for you."

"You don't know what happened though," Luke's brows furrowed and I continued. "Jake hurt him and I should've been there to stop it, it's all my fault."

"Lis, you couldn't have known what Jake was gonna do," he said softly. "He's crazy, remember?"

"No, Luke, you don't understand!" I stood up, trying to blink back the tears that were already starting to fall.

"Then help me understand!" The words flew out before I could stop them,

"He raped me, Luke!"