Responsibility or Irresponsibility?

"RESPONSIBILITY OR IRRESPONSIBILITY?" by: Ira Claudette Elupre

"Help save the marine life." they say.

"Let us put up signs." they say.

But they too, are one of those who can't follow simple sea rules. Let us admit, we are included in that category. It's a shame, isn't it? Can you imagine? A creature who had millions of kinds, have become only hundreds, or even worse, probably less now. And the fact how we, are destroying their only safe haven -- a home and a clean environment. When someone litters on the streets, we would complain and get outraged because of the disrespect; these sea creatures can't complain at all. Everyday, their lives are in great danger as floating plastic straws, cups, forks, etc., are everywhere. Seeing pictures of them having plastic straws get stuck in their tiny noses, or their heads in a waterbottle.They are vulnerable and helpless. They are begging for us to save them from the pollution, not wanting to come close to us as we have caused this. And that is all because of us; our carelessness. Why? Is it because we don't live in the water that's why we think it's alright for us to throw our garbage in places we shouldn't? Do not leave, or litter unnecessary things at beaches as high tides would wipe them away and drag them to the open sea. This is a wake up call for all of us to be more responsible human beings. There is a trashcan for a reason. It doesn't matter if the trash doesn't belong to you; just pick it up. Let us not be irresponsible as we know what we should do to protect not just the marine life, but everything else in our planet. By our carelessness, it could someday affect us too. You have the heart to save them, I know you do. Don't just sit there, watching them getting tangled and strangled. They are counting on us to protect them. Let us fight for their rights to live freely in clean water and ecosystems. Choose planet over plastic. Choose responsibility over irresponsibility.