Welcome to Seoul

Seoul. Jimin's city of dreams. The beautiful skyline, interesting history and most importantly kpop capital of the world.

Stretching his arms above his head, he was enjoying a peaceful night time stroll through the city. Above his head the stars seemed washed out through the glistening lights of dozens of neon signs and street lamps and below his feet the first fallen leaves were rustling and crunching.

This is what he wanted, wasn't it? He attended many, oh so many, auditions. His parents supported him, but it was difficult, being rejected from one after another company. He had almost given up until one day he received a call. The one call to change his life, he thought. Bighit Entertainment said they wanted him. Him. Park Jimin. And within a month he had packed all his belongings and was off to Seoul to start his training. Now he was here for two weeks and had never felt as alone, even surrounded by almost 10 million people.

Walking with a spring in his step, Jimin pulled a book out of the small bag he carried. 'A Travelers Guide to Koreas Hottest Warlords.' He had bought it because that title made him giggle. Seoul's a hub of historical activity, and this book promised information on some good sightseeing spots.

Jimin flicked through the pages, stopping when his eyes fell upon a familiar name: Kim Taehyung. Jimin was sure he knew this guy from history class. He was famous for... nope he couldn't remember. He had always cared for Korean history the least; sadly, it showed in his grades.

After looking through some of the other warlord's information, Jimin turned to the map displayed in the back of the book, looking for the closest tourist attractions he could visit. A stone memorial for a burned down temple at its original location. On the opposite site of the map was a page dedicated to the most famous man tied to that location. Min Yoongi. This one Jimin remembered from class. He unified almost all of Korea under his rule.

"In the year 1576, betrayed by Jung Hoseok, Min Yoongi committed suicide amidst the wreckage of the temple."

Or as Jimin remembered: "In 1576, Yoongi's ambitions burned in a coup!". Amused that he could still remember that old mnemonic, the boy followed the map to where the temple once stood. It was a simple and sober monument. And pretty small, too. Would Min Yoongi be disappointed?

Jimin just stood and looked at it a moment. Without noticing, another man quickly approached the monument. However, his appearance caught Jimin's eye as soon as the man came closer to the memorial. He was wearing a snow-white lab coat and black rimmed glasses. Standing silently besides Jimin, his eyes were fixed on the monument.

He looked too young to be a doctor. He figured he must be a medical school student with that serious expression. To Jimin, he was more intriguing than the monument itself. He couldn't help but look, when just then a small droplet of cold rain fell on his forehead. Raising his head to the sky, he noticed the dark grey clouds in sheets overhead.

Without warning, the clouds broke open and the tiny drops gave way to a heavy downpour.

"What poor timing... Clear skies all day and night. Stupid weather report!" Jimin grumbled silently.

His heart dropped as he remembered the other man was still standing next to him.

"Are you alright? Do you have an umbrella?" His lips were parted into a small smile as he spoke and Jimin's throat itched as he answered.

"I do... but I must have forgotten it in my hotel room."

Jimin looked up into the man's eye, when -

"Be careful!!!" The other man yelled.

A bolt of lightning touched down in front of the both of them, shattering the stone monument. Jimin had never seen a lightning as close before and hurdled away from the monument into the direction of the medical student.

He offered Jimin a hand, but before he could reach for it, the other man was being pulled away and the world disappeared in darkness. A tingling sensation ran down Jimin's spine and his toes curled up instinctively. He lost his balance and tried to grab something frantically, his eyes still shut. He coughed and blinked, trying to orient himself again.

He managed to open his eyes, only for them to be quickly obscured with streams of billowing hot smoke. Covering his mouth, Jimin looked through the suffocating smoke but couldn't see the man in a lab coat anywhere. Instead, he saw something different. Or rather nothing at all. His eyes were filled with thick smoke and breathing became very hard, every breath feeling like a thousand needles. Jimin caughed until the smoke cleared a little and laying to his feet he saw a man... dressed in an authentic suit of Korean armor.

Thank you for reading! Its my first chapter and I hope you enjoyed it so far!!

:)