Introduction

I was a 6-foot tall, 21-year old volleyball captain at my state university. Full ride, was supposed to play in the next Olympic event, and had straight A's. I had a fantastic body, thanks to volleyball with long legs, gorgeous dirty blonde hair, solid B cups, and a pretty nice ass. I don't want to sound conceited, but I had boys on lock and I was so much in the media's attention, I could hardly go out and have a nice night with my girls.
I guess it was karma, because when I first heard about the shrinking...plague, I guess is the appropriate term, I thought it was funny.
"So, everyone affected is just, like, tiny?"
"Yeah," my 5'8" friend Liz replied. "Legit half your size."
"Hahaha, ok, that's kinda cute. I'd love to meet one of them."
A few weeks later, when more details had arisen and that more people had shrunk, I still had no sympathy. After hearing a report that a huge number of prisoners as well as notorious terrorists shrank alongside good citizens around the world, my reply was, "I mean, as long as bad people likes rapists and terrorists shrink, then maybe good people just have to take one for the team?"
A month had gone by after that, and I heard that some girls from the rival university volleyball team had shrank. I knew this was bad, as our school's ranked football team and basketball team had lost some members so I wanted to feel bad, but I was more excited at how easy the upcoming game would be.
"Come on, ladies!" I told my team in a pep-talk "Their best players are midgets now! We can easily win this!" And we did. We easily beat them. After the game, when we were saying our usual "good game" to the other team, I saw in person for the first time actual shrunken people. I had been reading a lot of interviews and been looking at a look of pictures of those unfortunate enough to shrink, but they didn't prepare me at all. "Holy shit... y'all are actually insanely little!" I stood next to one, a girl who previously towered even me at 6 foot. Rachael used to be 6'7" and now she was hardly the size of my leg. This had made me want to have a shrunken friend. I felt so... in control. Maybe I could even date a shrunken boy and make him my bitch? All these thoughts ran through my head. In retrospect I realize this could probably have been classified as a fetish, because when I got home I stayed up until 4 am trying to find "shrinkees at University of Alabama" and other details about them. It came to my attention that a cheerleader had shrunken. Although not much, as she was only 4'8", I still wanted to meet her and befriend her.
After some cyber stalking, I got to set up a get-together with her at a coffee shop. It didn't even last half an hour. "You know, I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but if a next wave of shrinking happens, you definitely deserve to be cut down in size. Maybe you'll see things in a different respective." She shouted at me before she stormed out. I wanted to laugh at her, partly because the questions I asked weren't that insensitive or anything. I just asked basic questions like "how do you drive? What do you wear and where do you buy clothes? How do you deal with boys now? Since you don't do a sport that requires you to be tall, will you still cheer?" amongst some others. But I think the question that set her off, or at least was the straw that broke the camel's back was "don't you think you should be ok with being shrunk? Genuinely awful people shrank too and if they find a cure they can grow you back. I mean, you didn't even shrink that much anyways, right? Shouldn't being a flyer be even easier now?"
No surprise, she blocked me on all social media and I hadn't seen or heard anything from her... until 3 days later.