one

"tell me something only you know"

Taehyung loves his family. His parents are caring, but never overwhelmingly so. His siblings are silly, but know when to be mature. His pets are obviously just as important and well trained, so he's never pushed away an opportunity to pet them.

His bond with all of them are tight, have been since forever. He believes that, even with his busy job as an idol, that will never change.

So he completely understands when the other six members miss their own family every now and then.

Namjoon tends to talk less those days, always lost in thought. Yet he doesn't takes them to paper like he usually would.

Jin cooks home cooked meals to fill his desire for one of his eomma's special recipes, that only he knows how to make besides her, and discards their designated diet like a dirty tissue.

Hoseok seeks attention from his band mates, cuddling with them on the couch when they watch movies, attempting to make the maknae line giggle as he tickles their sides, back-hugging the rest of the hyung line, but always seeking attention and happiness from them like he needs to recharge so he can be the sunshine he is on camera.

Jimin asks the others to do certain things for him; he'll ask Jin to give commentary on his vocals, Jungkook and Hoseok his dance, he asks Taehyung to help him choose clothing for the day, and Namjoon—well, he mostly just asks Namjoon to hold him. Taehyung thinks he asks this of them to reassure himself that he is doing well, that he is making his family proud. Even if they aren't present.

Yoongi tends to sit and listen to music for hours on end, blocking out the world around him and getting lost in the stories told through lyrics. It's a good distraction technique, he's told Taehyung, something to keep him from plunging into dark thoughts, like a lighthouse in a storm.

But then there was Jeongguk.

Their youngest alpha never seemed to cope well with his homesickness. Taehyung thinks it's reasonable because Jeongguk was thrown into this industry at such a young age that, well, he never knew how to cope with it in the first place. Whenever he feels homesick, it's blantly obvious. He's constantly fidgeting, eyes darting but never making eye contact with anyone that's in the room. Taehyung knows these are tale tell signs that Jungkook has been thinking too hard, especially when his eyelashes struggle to blink away tears.

It breaks the omega every time, to see the younger one so upset. But he usually can't do much about it, especially since it tends to happen more often on tours than back at home.

This time is different. They are on a break, their last tour having finished a few weeks ago. Jeongguk's eyes are rapidly blinking again, fingers twisting in his lap. And Taehyung knows, this time, he can help.